Family Photo

Family Photo

About Us

My photo
We met over 8 years ago at church as Shaun was walking in and I was walking out. The few words exchanged sparked an interst that kept Shaun coming back. When we FINALLY began dating 4 years later we soon knew there was something special here. Our first year quickly flew by and we both decided we never wanted to spend another year with anyone else or without each other. We married in the place where it all began on January 1, 2011 (1/1/11) and gave birth to our beautiful daughter Ava Marie on September 22, 2011 our next little one, Clara Rose came 16 months later on February 11, 2013. This blog began with our preparation with our wedding and has entered into recording the days and events of our newlywed life and new motherhood.

The Happy Couple...

Daisypath - Personal pictureDaisypath Anniversary tickers

Ava Marie

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Third Birthday tickers

Clara Rose

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Second Birthday tickers

Gabriel's ticker

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Angel and Memorial tickers

Twins ticker

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Pregnancy tickers

Tuesday, July 12, 2011

28 Weeks!!! You know what that means???

Today I'm 28 weeks and counting... (get ready for some serious preggo pics!)




Ava Marie is growing steadily and is about 2.5lbs and 16" long (I have a feeling that she's bigger than the average baby, though).  She has eyelids and can blink and even experiences Rapid Eye Movement.  When I told Shaun she might be able to dream he said, "Really?  What the heck would she dream about?"  I laughed & said "I don't know."  I just hope she ends up being a good sleeper!  She's getting chubby ...and I imagine super cute.  I keep telling Shaun that he needs to pay better attention to his phone ringing when he's at work... just in case!  When I think of what many women go through during their pregnancy, I feel SO lucky to have had a relatively easy pregnancy overall. 

Tomorrow I go for my "Glucose Test" (can't wait, YAY!)  I'm enjoying a nice bowl of ice cream just in case.  I also go for my Rhogam shot because of the Rh factor... and some extra blood work because of a possibility of something with my gallbladder... or liver.  I'm not sure.  I'll have more info tomorrow. 

I've been very lucky.  The worst I've had to deal with is very swollen ankles & feet, some itchyness all over (which is why they're running extra blood work because it could potentially be a sign of something wrong with my gallbladder or liver), very sleepy-ness (I slept 13 hours last night!!! ...but I'm lucky for now that the family I nanny for is on vacation and I actually CAN sleep in), and a bit of back and/or sciatic pain from time to time.  Can't really complain.

So... say a little prayer for me as I head into the doctor tomorrow.  I really really really hate needles and having my blood drawn, but will do anything for her. 

1 comment:

  1. you look amazing!! you, shaun, and ava are in my prayers, love you!!

    ReplyDelete

Go ahead and say hello! I love comments!