Family Photo

Family Photo

About Us

My photo
We met over 8 years ago at church as Shaun was walking in and I was walking out. The few words exchanged sparked an interst that kept Shaun coming back. When we FINALLY began dating 4 years later we soon knew there was something special here. Our first year quickly flew by and we both decided we never wanted to spend another year with anyone else or without each other. We married in the place where it all began on January 1, 2011 (1/1/11) and gave birth to our beautiful daughter Ava Marie on September 22, 2011 our next little one, Clara Rose came 16 months later on February 11, 2013. This blog began with our preparation with our wedding and has entered into recording the days and events of our newlywed life and new motherhood.

The Happy Couple...

Daisypath - Personal pictureDaisypath Anniversary tickers

Ava Marie

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Third Birthday tickers

Clara Rose

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Second Birthday tickers

Gabriel's ticker

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Angel and Memorial tickers

Twins ticker

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Pregnancy tickers

Thursday, April 7, 2011

14 Weeks and counting...

Wow!  Boy am I happy Fr. Landry's going to forgive me... what a guy!  Thank goodness!

"Moving on"... This week I find myself 14 (plus) weeks pregnant and my kids at school love to comment on how "your belly's getting bigger" and "how's the baby?"  Though I have a little cold and the fatigue has lifted, I still find the need to take naps (I LOVE naps), everything's going really well and right on target for those of you who are wondering.  Yay!

The baby's the size of a LEMON


or some information says a "Clenched Fist"
(but I look at my hands and think... WOW!  That's really big... you sure?!). 

...AND baby Fullen can clench his/her tiny fist now!...

(this cool image is actually a 3D ultrasound of a baby's fist in utero at 14 weeks)

but overall about 3 1/2 to 4" at this point.

This week the baby will begin to grow some hair

as well as form eyelids, and finish forming fingernails and toenails. Some places say I may even be able to feel our baby moving inside of me this week!  (THAT would be cool... can't wait... but I hear for a first pregnancy it might take more time)



Shaun & I went on Monday to hear the baby's heartbeat. 

When I went at 12 weeks, he wasn't able to come with me and if you remember I wasn't able to hear it on the other machine, so was asked to come back 2 weeks later.  I'm glad I did because Shaun was able to come this time and as soon as my midwife put the machine on my belly we were able to hear that Bumpa Bumpa Bumpa Bump!!!  I loved seeing his face light up and say, COOL!  It was pretty cool!!!

I cannot believe that in less than a month we'll be able to get our 18 week Ultrasound (just one week before Shaun's birthday!  What a gift for him to learn what we're having ...yup.  I'm caving) 

This will also be the time we'll definitely be able to feel the baby move and all sorts of amazing things will start happening (as if they're not already).  The baby will be able to HEAR at this point and I'll be able to start reading Stories and singing to him or her.  So exciting.  Who KNOWS what affect this could have...



Today I was talking to a friend and wondering "What" or "Who" this baby will be someday.... 
God has called this little one to be formed to come into the world at just this time... for something.  I feel SO blessed to be able to share in this process of forming and helping to raise this child. 


Every night Shaun & I pray for this baby to be healthy and for us the best parents we can be.  Though I take care of children everyday and Shaun has been a loving father for over 13 years, it's amazing when it's beginning again.  I would be so appreciative if you would please join us in prayer for our little one that God will continue to bless this pregnancy and protect him/her from anything that would cause harm.



I've been thinking that I'd like to get back to what I originally intended and began to do at the beginning of my pregnancy... write letters to the baby.  I had a friend that did that before and remember thinking how much I loved that idea because someday this child would know that they were always loved even before they were born.

...oh, and on one last note ...for all those who have been so loving and supportive to us?  We can't WAIT for our little one to meet you wonderful people!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Go ahead and say hello! I love comments!