Family Photo

Family Photo

About Us

My photo
We met over 8 years ago at church as Shaun was walking in and I was walking out. The few words exchanged sparked an interst that kept Shaun coming back. When we FINALLY began dating 4 years later we soon knew there was something special here. Our first year quickly flew by and we both decided we never wanted to spend another year with anyone else or without each other. We married in the place where it all began on January 1, 2011 (1/1/11) and gave birth to our beautiful daughter Ava Marie on September 22, 2011 our next little one, Clara Rose came 16 months later on February 11, 2013. This blog began with our preparation with our wedding and has entered into recording the days and events of our newlywed life and new motherhood.

The Happy Couple...

Daisypath - Personal pictureDaisypath Anniversary tickers

Ava Marie

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Third Birthday tickers

Clara Rose

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Second Birthday tickers

Gabriel's ticker

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Angel and Memorial tickers

Twins ticker

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Pregnancy tickers

Saturday, October 27, 2012

While you were sleeping...

This song has been playing through my head all day. I was working in the yard with Shaun, preparing for the incoming storm, weeding and putting away things and collecting seeds from our Summer flowers and generally "battening down the hatches" and all I could hear was this song playing in my head. 

There are so many things I've been thinking of lately.  Too much to share here, but as I picked seeds from our beautiful morning glories and I watched my sweet baby toddling around in the grass, all I could think of was Mother Teresa's words "How can there be too many children?  That's like saying, there are too many flowers"

Every time I hear this song, I simply cannot help it.  I start to cry and often picture Jesus standing looking into Jerusalem shortly before his passion when he said, "Jerusalem, Jerusalem, how I longed to gather you as a mother hen gathers her chicks... but you would not"  I always think of that passage with sorrow and how Jesus wanted so desperately to save this nation, and it rejected Him and chose Barrabas when God himself stood before them.


The two lines that really strike me right now are:

"The Father gave His only Son, The Way, The Truth, The Life had come... but there was no room for him in the World he came to Save" 

AND

"United States of America, looks like another Silent night... as we're sung to sleep by philosophies of SAVE the TREES, but KILL THE CHILDREN..." 

I wish it weren't true here, but it is.  Soon, as the fate of Our Nation is decided, let our quiet votes be cast wisely and let us choose Christ ...and his Children when we stand in the quiet of our ballot box, with only God watching as our witness.

2 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Thanks Jamie. The song is awesome and powerful... wish those who needed to hear it, had the ears to "hear" it. xo

      Delete

Go ahead and say hello! I love comments!