Family Photo

Family Photo

About Us

My photo
We met over 8 years ago at church as Shaun was walking in and I was walking out. The few words exchanged sparked an interst that kept Shaun coming back. When we FINALLY began dating 4 years later we soon knew there was something special here. Our first year quickly flew by and we both decided we never wanted to spend another year with anyone else or without each other. We married in the place where it all began on January 1, 2011 (1/1/11) and gave birth to our beautiful daughter Ava Marie on September 22, 2011 our next little one, Clara Rose came 16 months later on February 11, 2013. This blog began with our preparation with our wedding and has entered into recording the days and events of our newlywed life and new motherhood.

The Happy Couple...

Daisypath - Personal pictureDaisypath Anniversary tickers

Ava Marie

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Third Birthday tickers

Clara Rose

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Second Birthday tickers

Gabriel's ticker

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Angel and Memorial tickers

Twins ticker

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Pregnancy tickers

Saturday, October 12, 2013

I am NOT supermom...


I  have discovered ...er, many times over... that I am NOT supermom, BUT I am crazy about my children (even when they make me crazy).  Presently our living/dining room looks like it vomited blocks and books everywhere from some deep place within.... oh, and cloth diapers (clean ones) look like they spewed forth as well.  It's a sight to behold.  A sight many of you perhaps have beheld in your own homes?  My poor camera lens is broken, so I have no proof, you will have to use your imagination!

These days I find I just can't get out of my own way to sit down and write a blog post.  Perhaps it's "bloggers block", but seeing as how I have no problem writing them in my head, I imagine it might have something to do with a certain two year old and eight month old and babe in utero that keep me busy while hubby's taking on working weekends and doubles on TOP of his usual 12-14hour days away from home. 

Visualize with me.  Right now Ava's begging for a diaper change as she climbs up the printer, Clara's putting something to choke on in her mouth ...hold on a sec... got it, ...go eat a block kid... and I'm trying to type out a quickie before the afternoon nausea sets in.  Seems my body figures out it's pregnant around 3pm and on.  Weird right?  Well, as I'm pretty late with everything, makes sense even that would be delayed!

Usually if I try to type out something Ava's crawling into my lap and Clara's tugging at the leg or tapping to get up.  I try to actually lie down with them during the ONE nap that they take together to semi-pretend to make up for my nights up with "La-la" who unfortunately has an ongoing bad case of separation anxiety coupled with teething (and extra super cuteness that helps to make the wakefulness all night bearable).  We just don't sleep round here no more.

Evidently proper grammar is out too?

I haven't forgotten about you all.  I still want to post about Ava's 2nd birthday party, Clara's turning 8mo and all the other happenings in Casa Fullen, but as for now I think I'd have a hard time explaining to Our Lord why I wrote about changing diapers, but didn't change them and wrote about my little one eating blocks, but didn't feed her. 

Soooo in those famous words, know I miss you all and "I'll be back!" 

Until then, enjoy this gorgeous Fall weather wherever you are and know I'm thinking of you all! xo

14 comments:

  1. So happy you checked in, my friend...and know where you are in life.

    Living it!

    Miss you...but please take your time.

    We will be here when you return! : )

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Billie Jo! I am living it and loving it. I'll be back soon... I hope to be at least. xo Enjoy that gorgeous view from your porch for me?

      Delete
  2. Looking forward to all the cute pictures of your girls...they are so adorable!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'll try to put some up soon that I'm behind on. My camera lens is broken... MY camera lens! *ugh* I feel lost without it.

      Delete
  3. I have to remind myself everyday that I can't do it all and I have so much to learn!

    You're doing great!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. As are you! You're amazing. Those little are just too cute.

      Delete
  4. So happy all is well:)). You are doing exactly what you should. Taking care of those beautiful little girls. Hope the yucky phase of pregnancy passes soon!!

    Blessings
    Kim Chrisman

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Kim. I believe I am trying to. It's not TOO bad and it's so worth all the yuck. Blessings to you as well.

      Delete
  5. Ha...this post reminded me that I should probably go feed my baby, instead of letting her eat markers. ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Probably ;) If I know you, though they're well fed and well tended to. Hope you're settling in Amelia.

      Delete
  6. Truly hope you are feeling better soon. Love the line about your body not remembering that you are pregnant till the afternoon. Happy Fall!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Joy! It's not too bad, but my body's funny that way! With Ava's pregnancy I felt sicker in the afternoon, with Clara's I did very well and with this one it comes on later as well, but is bearable. I think God knows how much Shaun works and if I was very very sick all day I'd have a much harder time with every "blessing" he's given me, so he's merciful on this wimp. Hope you're enjoying the Fall! I really like your idea about writing your family story in a month. I think I'd like to try that.

      Delete
  7. So cute! But sorry it's been so tough lately... I can't imagine having the girls to juggle on top of feeling so blah! Hang in there and I'm glad you checked in!

    ReplyDelete
  8. So nice for a little update...we understand totally. Looking forward to seeing how much those cutie pies have grown!! (and your belly too!)

    ReplyDelete

Go ahead and say hello! I love comments!