Family Photo

Family Photo

About Us

My photo
We met over 8 years ago at church as Shaun was walking in and I was walking out. The few words exchanged sparked an interst that kept Shaun coming back. When we FINALLY began dating 4 years later we soon knew there was something special here. Our first year quickly flew by and we both decided we never wanted to spend another year with anyone else or without each other. We married in the place where it all began on January 1, 2011 (1/1/11) and gave birth to our beautiful daughter Ava Marie on September 22, 2011 our next little one, Clara Rose came 16 months later on February 11, 2013. This blog began with our preparation with our wedding and has entered into recording the days and events of our newlywed life and new motherhood.

The Happy Couple...

Daisypath - Personal pictureDaisypath Anniversary tickers

Ava Marie

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Third Birthday tickers

Clara Rose

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Second Birthday tickers

Gabriel's ticker

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Angel and Memorial tickers

Twins ticker

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Pregnancy tickers

Tuesday, September 6, 2011

36 Weeks!


I'm 36 Weeks and now have only 28 days to go (officially)!  Whoa... I can't believe I'm counting in "days" now.  This pregnancy has gone by SO fast and I'm utterly flabbergasted by how much has happened in such a short period of time.

Last night we had our last childbirth class.  I was SO proud of Shaun and how much he's working to make me feel like "I can do this".  He's such a support and brings comic relief for sure as well.  I find myself laughing the whole time inside.  I know he's going to be a great "coach" and help me through everything. 

We both came home and dreamed all night that I was going into labor.  He woke up in the morning and said, "We need to practice your breathing!"  I completely understood as we'd both evidently been obsessing on the whole labor experience all night long.

Today I went shopping with my Mum to get things for my bag to take to the hospital... like a nightgown (I don't fit into anything else at home with any sense of modesty... which doesn't matter much at home, but will when I'm walking through the halls at the hospital).  Finally found something (this is not easy when you're nearly 5' 11" AND pregnant!)  The last time I tried to accomplish this I brought Shaun with me... big mistake.  He can't help it.  He just can't pretend to enjoy going shopping in the women's "nightgown" area... Oh well.  We all learned a lesson that time.  Quickest shopping experience ever.

I keep thinking about what needs to be done at home and what I still need to do to prepare.  I think I'm going into serious "nesting" mode.  I have to try to rest as well and not get so distracted by things like... the basement that needs to be reorganized.  I think about it every time I go down to do laundry... then I come upstairs and by the time I'm done folding laundry feel like I need a nap!

Tomorrow I go to my weekly midwife visit and have to go over my "birth-plan" with her.  I have to admit that even though I have SOME ideas... how do you really "plan" for something you've never experienced before???  I don't really know what to say.  Any suggestions??? 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Go ahead and say hello! I love comments!