Family Photo

Family Photo

About Us

My photo
We met over 8 years ago at church as Shaun was walking in and I was walking out. The few words exchanged sparked an interst that kept Shaun coming back. When we FINALLY began dating 4 years later we soon knew there was something special here. Our first year quickly flew by and we both decided we never wanted to spend another year with anyone else or without each other. We married in the place where it all began on January 1, 2011 (1/1/11) and gave birth to our beautiful daughter Ava Marie on September 22, 2011 our next little one, Clara Rose came 16 months later on February 11, 2013. This blog began with our preparation with our wedding and has entered into recording the days and events of our newlywed life and new motherhood.

The Happy Couple...

Daisypath - Personal pictureDaisypath Anniversary tickers

Ava Marie

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Third Birthday tickers

Clara Rose

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Second Birthday tickers

Gabriel's ticker

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Angel and Memorial tickers

Twins ticker

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Pregnancy tickers

Wednesday, September 14, 2011

Retreat

We're trying to take advantage of the fact that Shaun and I are quickly approaching our last days of being "just" husband and wife. 

This weekend we went on Retreat to spend some of those days in silence and time together.  It was lovely  and both of us were "stuck like glue" to each other praying together... taking walks,


...and of course... fishing.









(who brings fishing poles on a retreat??? ...WE do!) 

When I was busy packing everything beforehand, I'd say to Shaun "Can you go get the such and such?"  And all he'd hear is "Can you go get the fishing poles?" 

I realized afterwards that #1: We'd forgotten whatever it was I asked him to pack (he was too excited to go fishing and yes ...this DID remind me of my Summer-time with the boys when I'd say "did you remember to bring such and such with you?" and later would find after all their affirmations that it was somewhere still at the house) ...sigh.  And #2: It was actually futile to "pack" because there was NO way I could sleep on the beds there.  I had a hard enough time sleeping on our own "comfy bed" at home lately, so each night we'd drive home (only 20-30min) to get a better night's sleep and head back in the morning.  You may be able to see my feet in the water which was a failed attempt at reducing the swelling in my legs and feet.  They were quite a site by the end.  Ahhh, you women who don't experience this... lucky.

We even had time to gather some of our OWN "Awkward Maternity Photos".  While Shaun was taking some of the last pictures we'd be able to get in this stage of my pregnancy backdropped by the beautiful scenery... he failed to realize that he'd captured one of our friends looking like she'd just stepped out of ...my HEAD in the background! 

I couldn't help but think of THIS one from the site I previously cracked up on:
(don't you LOVE "skinny" pregnant people???) 

Here's our own more "realistic" version...


When I asked him if he NOTICED the person standing RIGHT behind my head ...He said, "I figured you could "edit it out" ...In his favor ...He must think I'm REALLY talented!!! Ha ha!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Go ahead and say hello! I love comments!