Family Photo

Family Photo

About Us

My photo
We met over 8 years ago at church as Shaun was walking in and I was walking out. The few words exchanged sparked an interst that kept Shaun coming back. When we FINALLY began dating 4 years later we soon knew there was something special here. Our first year quickly flew by and we both decided we never wanted to spend another year with anyone else or without each other. We married in the place where it all began on January 1, 2011 (1/1/11) and gave birth to our beautiful daughter Ava Marie on September 22, 2011 our next little one, Clara Rose came 16 months later on February 11, 2013. This blog began with our preparation with our wedding and has entered into recording the days and events of our newlywed life and new motherhood.

The Happy Couple...

Daisypath - Personal pictureDaisypath Anniversary tickers

Ava Marie

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Third Birthday tickers

Clara Rose

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Second Birthday tickers

Gabriel's ticker

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Angel and Memorial tickers

Twins ticker

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Pregnancy tickers

Friday, January 6, 2012

3 1/2 months and so many milestones

Little Miss Ava is sleeping like an angel right now and I can't help but thinking that it feels unreal that she's already 3 1/2 months old... and she's mine!  It's true that I feel like I can't even imagine her not being here and yet I fully realize that just a year ago when Shaun & I were married, she didn't even exist!  Yet, now... she'll exist forever.  So amazing.

This little girl is just beginning her life and yet she's making milestone after milestone.  In just the past two weeks she's experienced her 1st Christmas, her 1st New Years, our 1st Anniversary, began sleeping in her big baby crib in her own room when she turned 3mo. (incidentally, this was harder for Mommy than Ava), she's learned to grab at things with both hands, she's teething (early) like crazy and is able to suck on her hands by herself, yesterday she rolled over from her back to her front for the 1st time and today she began to belly laugh with daddy.  (What a great laugh!)


My mom says that as she gets older it's like seeing me all over again.  I can't imagine what that must feel like.  I feel grateful she lives so close and can really get to spend time with her frequently.  Ava breaks into the biggest smile when she sees Nana and I've seen the beautiful affect that being a grandmother is having on my Mom. 


What can I tell you about this little person I get to happily spend my days with?  Here's a few details... She's a happy little girl and has a fabulous contagious smile.  She literally smiles with her whole body!  She has the sweetest most patient disposition.  In the morning I wake up to her cooing and talking in her room behind me.  To pass the time she plays with her blanket pulling it up over her head and then back down again and squealing with delight, feet kicking in the air as she plays.  She entertains herself until I lean over her crib and then greets me with the biggest grin imaginable everyday.  Then she tells me all she's dreamed about ...at least that's what I think she must be saying.  She can be quiet and listen to everything around her taking it all in with a very "wise" expression or she can be a complete chatterbox.  She really seems like she has stuff to say and when she "talks" to you she is SO expressive.  She's also a good listener and loves to listen to stories.  She sits and looks at all the pages quietly and doesn't get distracted.  She doesn't like pacifiers or teethers or anything artificial.  Instead she likes to take matters into her own "hands".  She loves to eat... a lot (She's weighing in at 16.5lbs and is almost 27" long!)  She is a home-body (especially at night.  Forget trying to run errands after 6pm!  She makes it well known that she'd rather be home, so I'd better get my errands done during the day when she's happy to sleep as soon as the car starts to move)  She's a problem solver... time to go in the car seat and she'd rather be home?  What did she figure out 2 weeks ago?  "If I stiffen up and make my body straight as a board, good luck getting me in this carseat mommy!"  Smartypants!  So, she's got a little stubborn streak, what'dya expect (after all... I am her mother)  She's not a performer (try getting her to perform for the camera!  If she doesn't want to... there's no way.  She'll do it on her time when she's good and ready)  She love love loves her daddy!  She has super strong legs and would prefer to stand than sit.   She loves to move those kickers.  Though she likes to move her body, usually she is a big time cuddlebug and could easily spend her whole day being held and cuddling into the crook of my neck.  I don't mind this at all.  Overall she's just a great little baby and I'm so happy I'm her Mom... what a lucky lady I am!  Who wouldn't love to look at this face ALL day long....???

*sigh*

No comments:

Post a Comment

Go ahead and say hello! I love comments!