Family Photo

Family Photo

About Us

My photo
We met over 8 years ago at church as Shaun was walking in and I was walking out. The few words exchanged sparked an interst that kept Shaun coming back. When we FINALLY began dating 4 years later we soon knew there was something special here. Our first year quickly flew by and we both decided we never wanted to spend another year with anyone else or without each other. We married in the place where it all began on January 1, 2011 (1/1/11) and gave birth to our beautiful daughter Ava Marie on September 22, 2011 our next little one, Clara Rose came 16 months later on February 11, 2013. This blog began with our preparation with our wedding and has entered into recording the days and events of our newlywed life and new motherhood.

The Happy Couple...

Daisypath - Personal pictureDaisypath Anniversary tickers

Ava Marie

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Third Birthday tickers

Clara Rose

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Second Birthday tickers

Gabriel's ticker

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Angel and Memorial tickers

Twins ticker

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Pregnancy tickers

Thursday, July 5, 2012

4th of July


Yesterday was a beautiful relaxing day here.  We decided the night before to do a last minute barbecue and invite my Mum and Shaun's Aunt & Uncle over for some 4th of July yummmmm.  This meant a late trip to the grocery store with miss cutie pie who was a huge help and the night before and making ice cream cake!

Here's how I did it... though I realize that if I did it again, I'd freeze between layers... oh well, still yummy!
For the Crust:
 Take one sleeve of Chocolate Grahams...
*Crush*
 (I used our "Baby Bullet" ...which is WELL used in our house)
 Add a little melted butter (I did 3 TBSP)
 To the grahams to hold it all together
Spread in bottom of pan (I think this was a 9x9 deep)

 1st Layer:


I used Chocolate Ice Cream

Add Crushed Oreo Cookies...


Aww!  I don't have a picture of this step!  I sprinkled the crushed chocolatey goodness over the ice cream.  I used one sleeve as that's all I had in the house, but you could do two sleeves.  That would be better!

Ok, here's the part I would do differently.  At this point, REFREEZE!  Pop that cake back in the freezer for a bit and let the layer harden a little.  While this is going on, let whatever Ice Cream you're using for the 2nd layer stay out on the counter to soften...

Then you could do what I did and go watch an episode of CSI Miami with the hubby
...la la la... waiting... la la la....

Ok... now take that sucker out of the freezer and add your 2nd layer of ice cream (we did vanilla)

Refreeze again (I just left mine overnight)

THEN... Add the 3rd layer (which is softened Cool Whip)

And DECORATE!  I tried to do exploding fireworks with Strawberries and blueberries... not sure how successful I was but boy was it YUMMY!

For our 2nd dessert (Yes SECOND!) We also had awesome CREPE SUZETTES made by my Mum!

 Don't they look patriotic?

For the cookout we had Grilled Chicken & Steak which Shaun cooked perfectly! ...Mashed potatoes, fresh corn on the cob and green beans with garlic sauce.  SO GOOOOOD... so good, I didn't even get any pictures to share with you.  It's probably better... you'd just be jealous anyway.

I tried desperately to get a nice family photo while I had the chance.  Thought we'd do a cute "kissing the baby" shot... this is what we got:
"What the HECK are you two DOING to me!!???"

Ava wanted NONE of it
 "Weirdos!!!!"

After a few off center...

Backwards baby...

Sideways baby...

And blocking baby photos...

We finally got these (see how she's staring down the camera?)

Where I look FAR more pregnant than I am... and I still don't know how to style this hairdo... but I'm happy happy happy!

And this one... reminds me

of this one. Shortly before we got engaged... it wasn't even that long ago and yet it seems like forever!  So much has happened since this photo!

When the new house is finished and we finally move from this sweet one, I'll miss barbecues in this backyard and shucking corn on the back porch. 




These were taken only two years ago ...the Summer we were dating/got engaged.  I look SO much younger!

Yet, I wouldn't trade the "look of youth" for what I've recieved by giving it up.  I wouldn't exchange a better body for the little one I hold in my chubbier arms.  My husband still looks at me with loving eyes and thinks I'm beautiful.  My body belongs to my babies now and though we missed the fireworks, as I sat in our quiet livingroom after everyone had gone home with my sleeping baby in my lap and loving husband by my side listening to the fireworks booming out in the sky,  I didn't miss seeing them either. 

I was gazing at a sight far more beautiful.



Hope you all had a Happy 4th of July 2012!



No comments:

Post a Comment

Go ahead and say hello! I love comments!