Family Photo

Family Photo

About Us

My photo
We met over 8 years ago at church as Shaun was walking in and I was walking out. The few words exchanged sparked an interst that kept Shaun coming back. When we FINALLY began dating 4 years later we soon knew there was something special here. Our first year quickly flew by and we both decided we never wanted to spend another year with anyone else or without each other. We married in the place where it all began on January 1, 2011 (1/1/11) and gave birth to our beautiful daughter Ava Marie on September 22, 2011 our next little one, Clara Rose came 16 months later on February 11, 2013. This blog began with our preparation with our wedding and has entered into recording the days and events of our newlywed life and new motherhood.

The Happy Couple...

Daisypath - Personal pictureDaisypath Anniversary tickers

Ava Marie

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Third Birthday tickers

Clara Rose

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Second Birthday tickers

Gabriel's ticker

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Angel and Memorial tickers

Twins ticker

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Pregnancy tickers

Monday, July 16, 2012

What's blooming!

I really enjoyed taking a walk through our beautiful little backyard and seeing what's in bloom.

The stunning stargazer lilies I put in Shaun's Easter basket and planted as a gift to him...
 he LOVES the smell of Lilies!




The gladioli I planted between the hostas before we were married to remember the summer of our engagement.  We spent a lot of time working in the garden that year and I would imagine our life when we would be married, I would move here and Shaun would be my husband.  They always remind me of that happy time.


Sunflowers given to me by my students last year.  I planted a bunch of the seeds they had given to me as gifts and thanks for "helping them grow".  When I look at them I think of all the little ones I've taught over the years.



Hydrangeas blossoming in his grandmother's soil.  Everything seems to love to grow here!  They were given to him by his Aunt and we will take them with us to our new home when it's time as a reminder of where we've come from and where our life began.  Hydrangeas were the 1st flowers Shaun ever gave me.  I had moved 3 streets over and he was helping me paint my apartment.  We had JUST started dating and one bloomed late into September.  He came walking up my stairs after work one day, flower in hand and I'll always think of hydrangeas and Shaun... because they were a part of our courtship when I was quickly falling in love with him.  When they bloom at our new home, I'll always remember that they were my first flowers from Shaun.


Impatients blooming at the base of our pine tree.  A little scraggly this year, but they add a bit of color nonetheless.

Calla lilies.  Shaun LOVES Calla lilies.  I planted them in pots this year knowing I'd be taking them with me to the new house.  They just started blooming.

Mini cascading groundcover roses.

Cactus blooming... though a little rough around the edges.

Even the grapes we planted as tiny things are up and over the arbor and ripening each day.  Can't wait to try them, YUM!

Everything's a blossom here!  I've always LOVED flowers!  All kinds.  I don't think there could ever be too many of them.  I love to see the fruit of hard work burst into bloom after time and care.  I look around our little home often to see Miss Ava blossoming beautifully and growing so fast, my husband and I settling into our life together as parents and spouses and I am so happy when I see these small things that brighten my day.  I feel so happy on this piece of earth.  I know that someday soon... soon enough, we'll leave this place to make a home for our children where there's a bit more room to grow.  Sort of like transplanting a plant that has become happily accustomed to it's little pot, but needs more room to spread it's roots if it's to grow like it's meant to.  It's a bit of a shock being pulled from it's place and breaking up the roots ... but in the long run it will flourish better and bear more fruit or flowers.  We hope the same for our little family.  In the meantime... I'm enjoying my time in my lovely little "pot"! ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Go ahead and say hello! I love comments!