Family Photo

Family Photo

About Us

My photo
We met over 8 years ago at church as Shaun was walking in and I was walking out. The few words exchanged sparked an interst that kept Shaun coming back. When we FINALLY began dating 4 years later we soon knew there was something special here. Our first year quickly flew by and we both decided we never wanted to spend another year with anyone else or without each other. We married in the place where it all began on January 1, 2011 (1/1/11) and gave birth to our beautiful daughter Ava Marie on September 22, 2011 our next little one, Clara Rose came 16 months later on February 11, 2013. This blog began with our preparation with our wedding and has entered into recording the days and events of our newlywed life and new motherhood.

The Happy Couple...

Daisypath - Personal pictureDaisypath Anniversary tickers

Ava Marie

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Third Birthday tickers

Clara Rose

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Second Birthday tickers

Gabriel's ticker

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Angel and Memorial tickers

Twins ticker

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Pregnancy tickers

Friday, August 3, 2012

7 Quick takes Friday



1.  Just for the record. 

I ran a bunch of errands yesterday and upon arriving home, went to get the baby out of the car and realized that I had completely forgotten to return the watermelon that was sitting in a beach pail in the back seat of the car.  Realizing I couldn't leave it overnight in my CAR, I took a deep breath, put the baby back in the car (she was NOT happy!) and drove the watermelon back to the grocery store. 

I waited in the service line and approached the counter. 

"I have an exploding watermelon problem" I tried to explain to the two men behind the counter. 

I lift the bucket and plop it onto the counter. 

"I don't really want to exchange it, as I've had some watermelon problems lately... so can I just have a refund?" 

They handed me the money without question. 

"Do I need to sign a return form or anything?" 

"No, I think this will suffice" 

"Ok, great... and uh, you can keep the bucket"
2.   Things that really made me SMILE this past week were:

Gabby Douglas... "I give all the Glory to God.  It's a double blessing because all the glory goes up to him and the blessings fall down on me" (Upon winning the Gold)

3. Missy Franklin...


Her humility and contagious smile and good sportsmanship make me proud to be from the same country as this awesome Catholic School girl.

4. Michael Phelps...
amazed at his giftedness and glad that he acknowledged his teamates in helping him acheive being the most decorated Olympian of all time.

5. Like this guy...
who certainly makes it easy to watch the Olympics.  Thanks Ryan Lochte!  (this picture is mainly for Colleen)

6.  ...but I have to say that this face is even easier to look at!  She's so cool she's gotta wear shades!


7.  And the big thing that made me smile today?? That our new backyard finally doesn't look like a "jungle" but is clearing up and beginning ...I repeat "beginning" to look like a yard!  This was our big project on Friday... er...with a little help from a hired excavator.
 (see how tiny Shaun looks?)

Getting cleared out!

(This one was months ago BEFORE it got really badly overgrown. It was just STARTING to grow and by the time we were able to start on it... you couldn't have even seen through the foliage)

2 comments:

  1. I love the pic of Gabby & in an interview she was asked what she does to calm herself down and her answer was to read the Bible. So cool.

    Your backyard and mine look alike....the weekend comes and so does the rain....we are at a stand still. But I know the farmers need the rain more than I don't need it, so it's all good.

    Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Tina,

      I saw that interview and was so impressed by the depth of her faith at such a young age and her total courage in showing her love for God so publicly.

      We recently bought an old house at an auction and it needs a TON of work, so we started on the outside. The backyard was a "jungle" for real before we began, but now it's getting there! Good luck with your yard... and yes, the farmers need the rain. Glad to have you back & posting!

      Have a great weekend.

      Delete

Go ahead and say hello! I love comments!