Family Photo

Family Photo

About Us

My photo
We met over 8 years ago at church as Shaun was walking in and I was walking out. The few words exchanged sparked an interst that kept Shaun coming back. When we FINALLY began dating 4 years later we soon knew there was something special here. Our first year quickly flew by and we both decided we never wanted to spend another year with anyone else or without each other. We married in the place where it all began on January 1, 2011 (1/1/11) and gave birth to our beautiful daughter Ava Marie on September 22, 2011 our next little one, Clara Rose came 16 months later on February 11, 2013. This blog began with our preparation with our wedding and has entered into recording the days and events of our newlywed life and new motherhood.

The Happy Couple...

Daisypath - Personal pictureDaisypath Anniversary tickers

Ava Marie

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Third Birthday tickers

Clara Rose

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Second Birthday tickers

Gabriel's ticker

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Angel and Memorial tickers

Twins ticker

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Pregnancy tickers

Friday, August 17, 2012

7 Quick Takes Friday


1.  Is it REALLY Friday again???  I am in denial.  I totally feel like I was JUST here writing last week's quick takes.  Craaaazy fast this week has gone.  (I feel like I'm talking like Yoda now, "#2 must write now")
2.  Shaun's working nights and this has turned us upside down a bit, but I have to say that I've sort of enjoyed the whole "night-working" thing.  I know it's tough on him, but I honestly think that he gets MORE sleep working nights.  Usually he's home around 9:30pm, in bed by 10 or 10:30 and up at 3 or 4am the next morning.  When he works nights, he's home around 3am and I make him sleep till close to 11am.  YOU do the math!  We also get to see him a little more during the day when Ava's up, awake and happy.  I was just getting used to this and then we found out... he's probably switching back to working days.  Oooooh well... Thank God for the Gift of work!

3.  Today we had an impromptu lunch and when figuring out what Fish to get for Friday we decided upon Tuna Steaks for the grill. 

I'm also not the most adventurous eater and this is not a "usual" in our house but MAN were they good!  In case you'd like to cook some on the grill this is what we did (sorry, no pics... we were too hungry)

-Pick out Tuna Steak at local fish market (we are SO lucky to have a bunch of fresh fish places here as we're right near the Ocean) big enough for the number of people you're cooking for (we got a 1.5lb steak because my Mom was visiting, but figure about a 1/2 lb per person and that should be plenty)

-I had them cut the steak into large "kabob" pieces as they'd cook quicker.  I always ask the person behind the counter to cut my meat however I'm going to cook it as their knives are nice and sharp and it's one less thing to do when I get home

-At home place "kabobs" in bowl and coat generously with mayonnaise

-Then sprinkle with salt and cajun seasoning (McCormick has a good one if you don't feel like mixing your own)

-Place non-stick tinfoil on heated grill (obviously non-stick side up) and place kabobs on top

-Close grill and cook on medium for about 10min

-Flip steaks and cook for another 5min or so (think about 8 min per inch of thickness on the grill.  They seem to cook a little faster there)

-Take out and serve (we had mashed potatoes and salad for sides)  SOOOOOoooo Good!  (And super easy!  Everything's done and at the table within 20min!)


P.S.  I cooked my steaks all the way through as I like them that way, but you can also sear them on each side and not cook them through (the equivalent of a "rare" steak or "medium rare")

4.  Have you tried these:
BOY do they make life easier.  Try them... you'll see!

5.  Please say a prayer that the loan we applied for to do some work on the new home comes through.  It got totally messed up at the last place we applied and they dragged out the whole process for over 2months before refusing us.  (I didn't know how to respond when one of the people I talked to said, "You need to do all the work on your house FIRST, THEN we could give you a loan"  ...I pretty much paused and said, "Uh... do you realize that doesn't make ANY sense?")  Keep in mind this is NOT a "credit issue", it's a "Fannie Mae has new regulations" issue.  Anyhow, we re-applied somewhere else and should know next week, but I'd appreciate the prayers either way, so we can get this show on the road.

6.  While you're at it can you say a prayer that our other house sells?  We just dropped the price and it's just the most beautiful little home, but we're praying the right person buys it.  We are totally trusting that Our Lord is watching this whole situation careful and will take care of us with His perfect timing, but I'd appreciate the prayers anyway.  Thanks!


7.  Here's a cutie video of Ava with her Nana (she's NUTS about puppets and Nana always brings some with her when she comes to visit.  Thought you'd enjoy!




2 comments:

  1. First, we just had to remortgage and the place we went initially... ummm... well, messed us up. Anyway, St. Anne's Credit Union in the North end was awesome! We just completed the process and brought down our mortgage down over 3%!

    Second... Your #4 cracked me up. Maybe I've read Green Eggs and Ham too many times but I instantly thought... "Try them, try them and you may, try them and you may, I say". lol.

    Couldn't resist ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, we've already refinanced our old home and we ended up going BACK to that place to reapply for an equity line on the new home after the place we went to initially got all fouled up. Hopefully all will go well. That's awesome about refinancing!

      And as for #4... seriously, so good and so much easier for quick dinners!

      Delete

Go ahead and say hello! I love comments!