Family Photo

Family Photo

About Us

My photo
We met over 8 years ago at church as Shaun was walking in and I was walking out. The few words exchanged sparked an interst that kept Shaun coming back. When we FINALLY began dating 4 years later we soon knew there was something special here. Our first year quickly flew by and we both decided we never wanted to spend another year with anyone else or without each other. We married in the place where it all began on January 1, 2011 (1/1/11) and gave birth to our beautiful daughter Ava Marie on September 22, 2011 our next little one, Clara Rose came 16 months later on February 11, 2013. This blog began with our preparation with our wedding and has entered into recording the days and events of our newlywed life and new motherhood.

The Happy Couple...

Daisypath - Personal pictureDaisypath Anniversary tickers

Ava Marie

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Third Birthday tickers

Clara Rose

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Second Birthday tickers

Gabriel's ticker

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Angel and Memorial tickers

Twins ticker

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Pregnancy tickers

Friday, November 30, 2012

7 Quick Takes Friday

1.  Ankle is healing.  I have more movement back in it (though not all) and less pain.  This is good all around, but I'm moving slooooooowly. 

2.  My Mother is a LIFESAVER!  She has been here every morning even before I am awake, so I don't have to hobble down the stairs when Ava wakes up to get her milk and then hobble back up the stairs to get her up... uh, like just about anyone else in my situation would have had to.  She's been SUCH a blessing and I'm feeling quite spoiled.  NO I mean it... S-P-O-I-L-E-D!!!

3.  Because of all this Ava now loves her Nana more than her Mama who is like a lump on a log on the couch all day.  Now, I don't know if this is really true (probably), but it's killing me to not be able to chase her around and do the things we usually do together.  Still... she's seriously bonding with my Mum and I keep telling myself to be grateful and that this can only be helpful when the new baby comes and I need someone to watch her while I'm in labor/in the hospital.

4.  I've learned this week that I am an IMPatient person.  BOY am I...  I definitely need to give the same consideration to others that I expect (or hope for) for myself.  Especially my Mom.  She'd be making dinner in the kitchen (which I can't see from where I lay) and I'd have to give step-by-step instructions about how the oven works, where the pans are, how to make whatever we were making for dinner... and it was driving... me... craZY!!!!  I know I should just be super grateful for all her help and stop sweating the small stuff, but I didn't and there were more than a few times this week that I wouldn't have wanted to take care of me... and yet she'd still come back the next day.

5.  Sorry Mom.

6.  I love that even though I've been laid out on the couch, I've been thoroughly entertained by my one year old circus act all day.  How fun is that? 
 (her favorite bunnies)

7.  Thank you to everyone who said a prayer for me for a speedy recovery.  I'm so appreciative!  Oh... and thank you to The Martin's who came to visit and entertain both me and the babe with your awesomeness tonight.  We loved it!

2 comments:

  1. I loved this.
    Especially the "I'm sorry" part.

    I learned pretty quickly who could come and who could not. (who was actually help and who was not) My mom was one who could not. She would only visit when all I wanted was someone to take care of the kiddos. She drove me CRAZY.....

    I'm sure your mama didn't do that.

    God bless....heal quickly--or, um, slowly, what ever is best!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Jamie Jo. Lessons in humility!

      My Mum is a big help. I know Ava's been around her a lot because she gets down on her one year old hands and knees with a paper towel/baby wipe and starts cleaning the floor, the chairs, everything. Totally learned behavior from my Mum.

      Thanks for the prayers! Working on healing!

      Delete

Go ahead and say hello! I love comments!