Family Photo

Family Photo

About Us

My photo
We met over 8 years ago at church as Shaun was walking in and I was walking out. The few words exchanged sparked an interst that kept Shaun coming back. When we FINALLY began dating 4 years later we soon knew there was something special here. Our first year quickly flew by and we both decided we never wanted to spend another year with anyone else or without each other. We married in the place where it all began on January 1, 2011 (1/1/11) and gave birth to our beautiful daughter Ava Marie on September 22, 2011 our next little one, Clara Rose came 16 months later on February 11, 2013. This blog began with our preparation with our wedding and has entered into recording the days and events of our newlywed life and new motherhood.

The Happy Couple...

Daisypath - Personal pictureDaisypath Anniversary tickers

Ava Marie

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Third Birthday tickers

Clara Rose

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Second Birthday tickers

Gabriel's ticker

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Angel and Memorial tickers

Twins ticker

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Pregnancy tickers

Tuesday, November 6, 2012

Voted!


Today I went to the place we usually vote and found a sign on the door that said "No Voting here" and a phone number to call.  We had not recieved any information about this change and all I could think about as I carted the baby back into her car seat were the older Portuguese in our area who might not know where else to go.  There was a phone number on the door which I dialed to find out where I was redirected and it sent me to a voicemail for Elizabeth Warren's office.  This was no help, so I went to my old polling station at one of the local libraries, thinking maybe I'd been switched back there... nope.  New location all together.  Back into the carseat went the baby and off we went again to cast our vote.  Found the new location and headed in eager to vote with Miss Ava who was just eager for her nap. 

As I cast my Vote in defense of Life (at all stages), Religious Liberty and hope for improvement in the Economy, I thought as little Ava sat next to me on the table in the booth of how this vote was for her future.  I thought how she'd be FIVE years old during the next election and be watching me again.  I would like this to be a family tradition and be able to discuss with her and our other children the importance of Voting and making a decision that Christ could be proud of when we're in the quiet of that voting booth.  For now, she just sat looking as cute as can be and watching mommy write on the big paper.




After many tears the last few days thinking so many times of what is at stake with this election, tonight I feel I've done all I can (even in this incredibly liberal State of Massachusetts) and I'm wiping my tears instead to end the night praying with hope for the future of our nation.

1 comment:

  1. Gah, I hadn't even thought of it that way, next time I vote Annamarie will be FIVE! That's a crazy thought. We have a gay marriage amendment here in MN, and I'm a bit worried about the way it will go. Sigh, seems like everything is so liberal these days.

    ReplyDelete

Go ahead and say hello! I love comments!