Family Photo

Family Photo

About Us

My photo
We met over 8 years ago at church as Shaun was walking in and I was walking out. The few words exchanged sparked an interst that kept Shaun coming back. When we FINALLY began dating 4 years later we soon knew there was something special here. Our first year quickly flew by and we both decided we never wanted to spend another year with anyone else or without each other. We married in the place where it all began on January 1, 2011 (1/1/11) and gave birth to our beautiful daughter Ava Marie on September 22, 2011 our next little one, Clara Rose came 16 months later on February 11, 2013. This blog began with our preparation with our wedding and has entered into recording the days and events of our newlywed life and new motherhood.

The Happy Couple...

Daisypath - Personal pictureDaisypath Anniversary tickers

Ava Marie

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Third Birthday tickers

Clara Rose

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Second Birthday tickers

Gabriel's ticker

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Angel and Memorial tickers

Twins ticker

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Pregnancy tickers

Sunday, November 25, 2012

Little Adventures...

This weekend I did my second craft fair ever (the last being last weekend).  I've been making handcrafted wine charms for a few weeks now in order to get some things together and host a table next to my mother in law and her awesome quilted gifts.  Last weekend I went and did a church fair down the street with her and did "pretty good", so I decided to try another this weekend a local Voc School.  It was all booked up by the time I checked in, so I just put my name on a waiting list and let it be.

I recieved a call a couple of days before that one of the vendors had gotten sick and would I like her spot?  Sure!  I had asked my mom if she could fill in for me for a few hours on Saturday while Shaun, Ava & I went to attend a friend's wedding.  She agreed and all seemed set.

On Friday night I went to set up and check in.  All seemed to be going well, then I arrived at my "spot"... no tables were present.  I looked around confused.  I guess I'm a total novice because all the other fairs I've been accustomed to had tables provided and THIS one had NO tables!  Uh oh...

I had to run out on "Black Friday" to try and get a table and get back in time before they closed up.  I did get the table (and a sweet deal on a certain teenager's Christmas gift) and headed back... 3 minutes too late.  The gate had just closed and all my supplies were inside the building.  I'd have to come back early the next morning.

That we did.  Shaun got up early and headed over to drop off the table and then came back to the house, so we could trade (baby was still sleeping) and I could go "set up" everything and meet him for breakfast to pick up the baby.  He had a friend coming down who was going to "winterize" the other house before the cold weather set in and so Miss Ava and I quickly headed back to the fair to sell our wares. 

All went well.  Pretty busy on Saturday and Shaun came by to pick up Ava & take her home for a nap after he'd finished at the house.  My mom showed up to fill in and keep me company for a bit and around 12:30 when all was still hectic, I headed out to get ready for the Wedding.  We looked so nice all gussied up and can you believe I did not get ONE photo of us as a family???  Shaun in his suit and tie, I in my purple sequinced top looking dazzling over the baby belly and Ava in her maroon frock tights, shiny black shoes and super curly ponytails... not... one... photo...

I spent most of the wedding in the cry room with a particularly noisy baby who wanted to steal the show from the lady in white, but Mommy wasn't having it.

Following the wedding, we rushed back to relieve my mom and close up shop for the night and head home to make more charms as I seemed to have a need for more after the day's sales.

Ava was exhausted from the day's affairs and went to bed more than an hour early!  All was very well on Saturday.

Sunday morning she woke super early crying and when Shaun headed out to Adoration at 3:30am, I rocked and rocked and rocked her to sleep.  Eventually she went down, Shaun came home and the house became quiet again.

...too quiet.

At 9am I woke and rolled over to look at the clock. 


The craft fair STARTS at 9:30am!  Uh oh! 

I jumped out of bed and by 9:20 miraculously found myself showered and ready AT the craft fair finishing setting up before everyone walked in at 9:30am!

The day was slower, but steady and scattered with visits from familiar faces and even the sweetest one ever (Ava) towards the end.  Shaun had enjoyed some serious Daddy-Daughter time with her today and came to pick me up towards the end.

Exhausted from it all and feeling suddenly very pregnant, I got into my car and wearily said, "Can we go get something to eat?"  "Ok" he replied and before we knew it we were sitting happily at a table at a nearby restaurant.

Suddenly with utter calm, he said in the midst of our conversation, "So, I guess we're not going to that reception, huh?" 

I must have looked like I'd been shot.  Wide eyed I remembered the Wedding reception (from the previous day's wedding) we were suppposed to go to!  The very same one I'd told the whole family the day before, I'd see them at!  "Oh my gosh honey!  Are you serious????  Did you remember?  Why didn't you remind me!?"  "I figured you weren't feeling well and we weren't going."  "Did you think of mentioning it?????  WE have to GO!  The gift is at the house!  I didn't even wrap it last night when I was making more of those charms!  I'll run to the house first and get the gift and meet you in the car!  OK?  *Kiss* *Kiss*  bye!"

Out I shot.

I ran into the house and grabbed the phone to call Shaun and tell him to move the baby into our my car because it had everything else already in it and proceeded to run down the stairs to the basement to get a gift bag from our "Wedding Plethara" and upon reaching the bottom of the stairs...

...I fell...

You read that right.

I fell.  Twisting my ankle in both directions and ending up in a painful crumpled heap on the floor thinking, "oh no... I didn't just DO that!"  My ankle told the story.  I knew something was wrong. 

Knew it the same way I'd known it a few years before when I was excersizing with Mr. Billy Blanks and my coordination proved itself honestly (or lack there of) and my ankle had flipped to the floor, spraining it. 

Uh oh.

I looked at the phone in my hand, thankful for it and checked my belly, thankful I hadn't landed in any way to hurt the baby and started to dial Shaun, who very luckily I knew was on his way home that minute.  Good thing, cause I was hurting.

Instead of finding myself at the reception, I found myself shortly afterwards with Ice on my elevated ankle and sour puss of an expression smattered across my face.  HOW would I handle this nonsense with a 14 mo old who daily was into "everything" and hubby who was at work.  Thank GOD for my Mom.  I don't know what it is about my rebellious spirit, but even though she's been there SO much for me and an enormous help lately with Ava (who loves her to bits), I still find it excruciatingly difficult to ask for her help and actually know that I ...need ...her...  Ugh.  Is it a daughter thing?

Truly, though I'm super thankful and thankful she lives so close.  She whizzed over to help while Shaun headed out tonight to represent "us" at Mass which I had so wanted to attend alongside him for the feast of Christ the King.

In no time she'd cleaned through the house, put the baby to bed and even pampered me with homemade gingerbread with warm apples and whipped cream.  How lucky am I?  I SOooo need to have a word with my pride and tell it to take a back seat till I'm better.

Today I've learned that no matter our plans... Christ IS King and perhaps the lessons I'll learn through all of this will be far more beneficial than a sound ankle and life going "as I planned it".

Meanwhile, prayers for a speedy recovery would be greatly appreciated.  Thanks everyone!


  1. Marijanna, I 'm so sorry you fell and hurt your ankle, but I 'm so glad you 're okay! Do you need help with anything? Someone to watch Ava while you rest your ankle? Please let me know - Ed and I can drive over there after work and help you out! Feel free to call - Id love to see you guys again! (508)995-4859 or you can email me at: prayrosary4life@

    Feel better soon! You are in my thoughts and prayers! xo

    Maria N.

    1. Maria, you're such a sweetheart! Thank you for the offer. My mom was over lickety split and will be here to help me. Thank you SO much for the offer, though. I'll call for certain if I need you. xo Hope you had a Blessed Thanksgiving! My love to Ed.

  2. Oh, my gosh!!! Praying for you to recover quickly! I broke my leg while pregnant with number 5--so I totally understand!! Sending love and blessings....

    1. So you get the "how do I carry the baby and hobble?" Scenario? But I don't have FOUR to keep track of, so once again you are the amazing woman. Bet you didn't pout like me, though. Thank you so much for the care and good wishes and prayers. I really appreciate it. I truly believe they speed recovery. Hope you and your beautiful family are well. xo

  3. What a crazy weekend we both had! I hope your ankle is feeling better and you enjoy that mom of yours that helps out. Maybe God was just telling you to slooooow down and you wouldn't listen so He made it happen ;)

    1. I know right!? I heard about your panic attack! So sorry about that :( I hope they get to the bottom of it soon. I actually thought I was going pretty slow... for me! But things are definitely a bit "slower" round here. Sitting on the couch, making wine charms ;) HOpe you're feeling all better.


Go ahead and say hello! I love comments!