Family Photo

Family Photo

About Us

My photo
We met over 8 years ago at church as Shaun was walking in and I was walking out. The few words exchanged sparked an interst that kept Shaun coming back. When we FINALLY began dating 4 years later we soon knew there was something special here. Our first year quickly flew by and we both decided we never wanted to spend another year with anyone else or without each other. We married in the place where it all began on January 1, 2011 (1/1/11) and gave birth to our beautiful daughter Ava Marie on September 22, 2011 our next little one, Clara Rose came 16 months later on February 11, 2013. This blog began with our preparation with our wedding and has entered into recording the days and events of our newlywed life and new motherhood.

The Happy Couple...

Daisypath - Personal pictureDaisypath Anniversary tickers

Ava Marie

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Third Birthday tickers

Clara Rose

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Second Birthday tickers

Gabriel's ticker

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Angel and Memorial tickers

Twins ticker

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Pregnancy tickers

Saturday, April 6, 2013

7 Quick takes Friday...uh early on Saturday (the baby just went to sleep and I can finally post!)

1. IN case you've wondered how little Dominic Pio is doing, to reaffirm the effect of your prayers and share in thanksgiving for his continued recovery, read/watch HERE!

2. Did you see this? 

I don't watch "The Voice" all the time, but caught Sarah Simmons and was SO impressed.  What a gift!  I just love the way her father reacts.  You can tell he just loves her SO much!

3. Had to share Miss Spaghetti face with you. 


(She's loved to cross her feet like this since she was in utero)

She's doing better and better at feeding herself, but I probably don't let her do as much as I should because honestly I don't like picking up sticky food all over my beautiful brazilian cherry hardwoods or watching her chuck the spoon and bowl when she's tired and "done".

4. So Miss Ava's also talking more and more (no wonder Clara is such a chatterbox) and trying to say all sorts of words. 

We were reading a book on colors the other day and she came out and tried to say "Yellow" (though I'm not sure if she knows what it means yet).  She says "mama/mommy", "Da-da/Daddy", "Nana", "Baby", "No" (I tried really hard to keep her from learning that one), Help me? "Ewp me", "Up", "Je-ji" (Jesus), "Mi-mi" (Mary), "Ball", "More", "Eye", "Arm", "Poopie" and comes out with things from time to time like "Doctor", "Yellow", "Oval", and more, but is not consistent.

5. I love getting comments and removed the word verification to enable more of you to comment who find it annoying (like me), but as of late, the spambots have found me and I've recieved more comments from them than from real people like yourselves, so I've reinstated it until that dies down. 

Please still comment.  (that doesn't sound all "desperate" does it?)  I don't write but to record my family's memories and get out my thoughts... but it's still nice to hear from you all and I don't want to scare you away by making you type in some unreadable nonsense words.

6. They've been doing some work at our new/old house this week and we have new WINDOWS at the new/old house!!!  Yay!

(I have to come up with a name for the house other than the new/old house... suggestions?)

7. Check out this hardworking Daddy and Daughter love!  Boy do I love this hardworking man. 

THIS is after he already worked all day and then went and worked all night in the new/old house (ugh... SO need a new name)


Have a GREAT weekend and hope it's getting "Springy" where you are!

4 comments:

  1. I hate those comment word verification boxes (I can never read them and am always squinting)...but I love you enough Marijanna, that I'll still comment. :)

    I took word verification off my blog and got lots of spam, so I put it back on, but then I took it off again. I'm fickle.

    ReplyDelete
  2. OH Dear to miss spaghetti ;) My mom used to put one of those cheap table cloths down or a trash bag under the high chairs to spare some work and the floor-for those exceptionally "artistic" eaters.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Bah, I hate the word verification things. If it helps any, I don't have them on my blog, because I hate them, I just disabled anonymous commentors, and I almost never get spam.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yes, what Allison said, I did the same thing, disabled the anonymous commentors...I did it when an anonymous said something bad--anonymous is dumb anyway. If people can't comment, they email me. I get NO spam. I did this months and months ago.

    Love spaghetti face and crossed feet, adorable!

    Wow, that singer was really good!

    ReplyDelete

Go ahead and say hello! I love comments!