2. So happy that a recent "trial" to our family seems to be passing. I can't go into details, but it involved bullying, stupidity and court. We won ...sort of. Such a waste of time and money, though, but thank God for the storm to be passing.... I hope.
3. Loved taking the girls to Mass yesterday for the Holy Day. We went to the Noon (and I wished we had a Noon everyday around here cause we can't seem to get going earlier and get to the 9am as they're usually waking up around 8:30am and the word "hurry" doesn't compute in this house). So great to see Ava so excited to go see Jesus and Mary, though. She entered in to the church during the beginning of the first reading with arms bundled with stuffed bunnies and blankets and loudly proclaiming "Jesus!" "Mary!" in such a way that made it quite impossible to "sneak" into our pew. Oh well... I feel our Lord was smiling from ear to ear at her fervor.
5. Speaking of blankets an bunnies, here's a little "Ava-ese". Her
See how she rubs the tags on it?
Her favorite blanket given by her Auntie Dana (and quite unable to duplicate... can't find another "Nee" either) is super soft pink and brown stripey "LUXE" brand ...and isn't called "Blanket" to her... it's just...
Like the way she hangs in the stroller?
Her desperate call for them come any naptime or bedtime or car ride?
The "d" is her version of "anD"
Bu"NEE" an"D" Bl"ANKET"
Nee D anket.
6. Her other "beloveds" are...
"Chey Chey Nee"
which is the bunny made/given to her at her 1st baby shower by Cheyanne. It's a pink "build a bear" bunny and had a button with her big sister's voice on it that said "I love you Ava" ...until she played it so much that it wore out.
Ava carries around a little statue of Jesus every where. love love loves him. For her birthday we plan on getting her a little statue of Mary because lately I find her sleeping with the big one that's usually on the dresser in her room. She's always asking "Hooold her? HOLD her!?" We have to get her a smaller one.
She has a bunch of other friends and knows and loves them all, but these are the closest to her.
7. One more Ava-ism? Lately she's taken to calling "Shaun?!" "Shaaaauuuun!!!" from her room or around the house. She'll look out into the backyard and call at the top of her lungs "Shaun!!???" to the laughter of our neighbors.
(waiting with ainket for the rain to stop so she can take a walk with
Shaun er ...Daddy)
He reminds her, "Hey, it's DADDY to you", but always the smirk and the "Shaun" afterwards... or she calls him "Honey". Wonder where she's picking all this up from? She's such a funny kid. Gotta love her and all her little "Ava-isms"