Family Photo

Family Photo

About Us

My photo
We met over 8 years ago at church as Shaun was walking in and I was walking out. The few words exchanged sparked an interst that kept Shaun coming back. When we FINALLY began dating 4 years later we soon knew there was something special here. Our first year quickly flew by and we both decided we never wanted to spend another year with anyone else or without each other. We married in the place where it all began on January 1, 2011 (1/1/11) and gave birth to our beautiful daughter Ava Marie on September 22, 2011 our next little one, Clara Rose came 16 months later on February 11, 2013. This blog began with our preparation with our wedding and has entered into recording the days and events of our newlywed life and new motherhood.

The Happy Couple...

Daisypath - Personal pictureDaisypath Anniversary tickers

Ava Marie

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Third Birthday tickers

Clara Rose

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Second Birthday tickers

Gabriel's ticker

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Angel and Memorial tickers

Twins ticker

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Pregnancy tickers

Saturday, August 17, 2013

Gotta love the Farmers Market-photos galore

We're lucky that we have a Farmers Market in the near vicinity almost every day of the week around here.  This is good news as our garden didn't fare as well as I'd hoped this summer.  I heard it was a tough year all around for everyone with gardens around here, though.  Between the rain rain rain rain earlier in the season and not enough sun to the blistering heat wave that caused nearly everything with leaves to "bolt" and we lost our crop within a matter of a few days... it was discouraging.  Add spider mites and cats that liked to use our garden as a litter box and it was enough to make me frown upon gardening.  Not one to give up easily, though I'm determined to learn from my mistakes and try again in the future. 

Thank God for Farmer's markets. Everything is so fresh and delicious and I love taking the girls to see the produce straight from the farmers themselves. 

These are some pics from the one we went to today.  (We actually went to two, but didn't take the camera to the 1st one)  Ava was a dancing fool, spinning and charming everyone there and clucking away to the chickens.  She told them they had "crowns... like Jesus".  Only she could associate chickens and Jesus.  I just love that little girl.

Picked up Nana along the way and took advantage of the extra set of hands and flower garden for a photo op with Mommy. 


...and Nana








Ava was a little hesitant when she first approached the chickens because I told her not to stick her fingers in the chicken coop lest those cluckers mistake her digits for food. 









She kept saying, "finger.  chicken food?"


Vicious looking, aren't they?






"Cluck, Chickens"
 "cluck, Cluck, CLUCK!"





Clara had just woken up from a nice "car nap" with the wind blowing through her hair and all, so she had some serious bed head, but wow is she lucky to have locks like that at 6mo old and be able to have bed head.  Sweetie pie.  Totally had my sweet peach fix with her before I even got to the market.  She is so stinking kissable, I just love her to bits.
 
















 Our bounty.  I've learned not to get more than I'll use so it doesn't go bad.  Ava and I go a few times a week now.  We'll be sad when they're gone for the season.

We ate 1/2 the peaches on the way home.  SOooo wish I'd gotten more.  Ava insisted on getting flowers for Mary to place with all our statues throughout the house.  The corn was devoured tonight at dinner.  Half of the yellow tomatoes were snacked on while dinner was getting ready.  Ava and I will make another bunch of Zucchini muffins and bread tomorrow (made the best recipe a few days ago and everything was gone in no time), potatoes will bake with pork loin tomorrow night and the watermelon doesn't know how lucky it is to have made it into our home. 

Just another way that our family is richly blessed!  Enjoy the fruits of the season my friends!

4 comments:

  1. Such beautiful girls! I love Ava's dress.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much, Kari. We have a friend who loves to shop and we're her "hand me down" people. Love that we have SO many pretty dresses for the girls.

      Delete
  2. I love this one, Marijanna...your babies are so beautiful, and I too love Ava's dress! I love the picture of mommy with her sweet girls! You look stunning, my friend!

    The farmer's market is wonderful indeed...I, like you, wish we could shop all year long...

    Thanks for sharing! : )

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Billie Jo. So are yours! It is one of my favorite "casual" dresses for her. I was so happy to get a more updated "girls" picture with such a pretty background and you are too kind, but thank you.

      xo

      Delete

Go ahead and say hello! I love comments!