Family Photo

Family Photo

About Us

My photo
We met over 8 years ago at church as Shaun was walking in and I was walking out. The few words exchanged sparked an interst that kept Shaun coming back. When we FINALLY began dating 4 years later we soon knew there was something special here. Our first year quickly flew by and we both decided we never wanted to spend another year with anyone else or without each other. We married in the place where it all began on January 1, 2011 (1/1/11) and gave birth to our beautiful daughter Ava Marie on September 22, 2011 our next little one, Clara Rose came 16 months later on February 11, 2013. This blog began with our preparation with our wedding and has entered into recording the days and events of our newlywed life and new motherhood.

The Happy Couple...

Daisypath - Personal pictureDaisypath Anniversary tickers

Ava Marie

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Third Birthday tickers

Clara Rose

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Second Birthday tickers

Gabriel's ticker

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Angel and Memorial tickers

Twins ticker

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Pregnancy tickers

Sunday, August 18, 2013

Because I'm behind the "blueberry" eight ball....

I'm always a little behind everyone else.  Oh well.  I've always sort of marched to the beat of my own drummer and sometimes I'm a little off beat ...but I'm happy, so whatevs.  I didn't get to post this awesome blueberry cake we made recently, but my my my it was de-lish.  I would've cooked it just a wee bit longer than the recipe says, but my mom said that gateau's are supposed to be slightly soft in the center... she knows these sort of things (because she went to school for culinary arts and she's fancy shmancy with her cooking skills.)  The flavor was awesome, though and the fact that it was so "from scratch" and not "from box" made me feel oh so domestic.  I did not use the spring form pan as I don't have one.  Anyone looking for a "Birthday/Christmas/I just think you need one" gift for me, there you go!  The 9" cake pan worked fine.  If you're looking for a "Blueberry Buckle" (sort of like a coffee cake) recipe instead of a dessertish cake (for me this was a whenever I walk by it randomly at any point of the day type of cake), there's one by the same lady chef on the site linked above... which I have not tried... but if it's as good as this, it's got to be good.  She also links to a Lemon Blueberry Ricotta Pound cake recipe and a Blueberry Frozen Yogurt recipe and all sorts of other great stuff!  Ok, go get baking!!! ...and if you live close to me?  Save me a piece, k?

2 comments:

  1. And I love that you march to the beat of your own drum, dear friend...'cause so do I! : )

    Thanks for the links...I love blueberry anything!

    ReplyDelete

Go ahead and say hello! I love comments!