Family Photo

Family Photo

About Us

My photo
We met over 8 years ago at church as Shaun was walking in and I was walking out. The few words exchanged sparked an interst that kept Shaun coming back. When we FINALLY began dating 4 years later we soon knew there was something special here. Our first year quickly flew by and we both decided we never wanted to spend another year with anyone else or without each other. We married in the place where it all began on January 1, 2011 (1/1/11) and gave birth to our beautiful daughter Ava Marie on September 22, 2011 our next little one, Clara Rose came 16 months later on February 11, 2013. This blog began with our preparation with our wedding and has entered into recording the days and events of our newlywed life and new motherhood.

The Happy Couple...

Daisypath - Personal pictureDaisypath Anniversary tickers

Ava Marie

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Third Birthday tickers

Clara Rose

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Second Birthday tickers

Gabriel's ticker

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Angel and Memorial tickers

Twins ticker

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Pregnancy tickers

Wednesday, March 9, 2011

Getting ready for Lent!


So... today is Ash Wednesday ... ashes adorn my forehead and the exhortation "Remember you are dust and to dust you shall return" is ringing fresh in my ears.  It has officially begun.  Lately, Shaun & I have been talking a LOT about Lent and what we should do together during our first official Lent as husband and wife to help each other grow in holiness.  I find each conversation makes me appreciate and love him more.  We've talked about everything from how to make our confessions better, what book we should read together, how to improve our prayer life, what to "give up" and where we should give our tithing and how to be more generous. 

I feel so blessed to be in a marriage with a husband who is "on the same page" so to speak in regards to growing in the faith.  Most of the time I feel like he's lapping me, but that's ok, because it just makes me want to keep up!  We find ourselves often times praying more honestly for each other and for others in our lives who are in need of God's help right now.  Especially in their marriages or with their health.  Each prayer makes us more grateful for what we've been given.  It's true... it really does change YOUR heart!

We've decided that aside from trying to generally be more faithful to our prayers with each other, and giving up different foods and snacks, we'll be giving up TV all together (and I've become quite addicted to Law & Order, Bones & Criminal minds... as well as Survivor and any sort of "survival" show... Shaun was getting pretty into "Fishing" shows... even to the point of taking notes)  We feel it will give us more time to read, pray and just spend time with each other as well as return phone calls to friends we haven't spoken to in a while, finish writing wedding thank you's and catch up on some letter writing.  So... here's hoping it's a Holy Lent!  We'll be praying for you!!!

P.S.  I just read one of my friend's blogs and was so inspired by her "Real Mom" Lenten resolutions as well.  Feel free to check out here: http://martinfamilymoments.blogspot.com/

2 comments:

  1. Wow, no TV??? I couldn't do it! Which probably means I should....maybe when I'm all grown up and mature like you ;).

    ReplyDelete
  2. wow... very impressed with both of you. We still haven't created a plan, but I'm still kind of new to this, so I'm taking it day to day until I figure it out.

    Payton told me today when she got home "Mommy, we need to give something up so I'm giving up my baby movies. I don't like them anymore." I tried to explain she's supposed to give up something she DOES like, but... yeah. We're still working on it :)

    Good luck!!!

    ReplyDelete

Go ahead and say hello! I love comments!