Family Photo

Family Photo

About Us

My photo
We met over 8 years ago at church as Shaun was walking in and I was walking out. The few words exchanged sparked an interst that kept Shaun coming back. When we FINALLY began dating 4 years later we soon knew there was something special here. Our first year quickly flew by and we both decided we never wanted to spend another year with anyone else or without each other. We married in the place where it all began on January 1, 2011 (1/1/11) and gave birth to our beautiful daughter Ava Marie on September 22, 2011 our next little one, Clara Rose came 16 months later on February 11, 2013. This blog began with our preparation with our wedding and has entered into recording the days and events of our newlywed life and new motherhood.

The Happy Couple...

Daisypath - Personal pictureDaisypath Anniversary tickers

Ava Marie

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Third Birthday tickers

Clara Rose

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Second Birthday tickers

Gabriel's ticker

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Angel and Memorial tickers

Twins ticker

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Pregnancy tickers

Friday, March 18, 2011

Thoughts on a Friday afternoon...

So I'm 11 1/2 weeks today.  I'm thinking about the baby all the time.  I've now told many of the classes at school and the kids are all SOOOOO excited that Mrs. Marijanna's going to have a baby!  They all want to touch my belly.   I often reach down and my shirt is sticky from someone's lip balm where they ran up and kissed my belly.  So cute.  I'm being bombarded with a million questions.  Including those from the children who are adopted and are eager explain to me that they were born in China or some other country.  I explain to them that God is helping my heart to fall more and more in love with my baby even before it's born and  the same thing happened when their mommy or daddy fell in love with them... SO much did they love them that they even traveled to another country and bring them home to be their son or daughter.  And when they met them, they said the same thing I will say when I lay eyes on my baby for the first time, "Ahh, so YOU are the one I've been falling in love with all this time!  I'm so glad you're mine!"

My really little ones in class ask me all the time how I'm feeling and how's the baby?  The older kids (by older I mean like 1st, 2nd or 3rd grade) run up to me in the hallway to hug me, bu often first come to a screeching halt, bow their heads and close their eyes... then they look up at me and say, "I prayed for you and the baby".  I'm so blessed.

Just thought I'd put this video on.   It's Friday (THANK GOD!!!) I always think of the sacrifice Jesus made for us on Friday to give us "birth" into life.  He wanted so much that we would live... really live our lives to the fullest with Him.  I can't help but think now about what an awesome thing it is that He is doing in me.  May He bring it to completion.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Go ahead and say hello! I love comments!