Family Photo

Family Photo

About Us

My photo
We met over 8 years ago at church as Shaun was walking in and I was walking out. The few words exchanged sparked an interst that kept Shaun coming back. When we FINALLY began dating 4 years later we soon knew there was something special here. Our first year quickly flew by and we both decided we never wanted to spend another year with anyone else or without each other. We married in the place where it all began on January 1, 2011 (1/1/11) and gave birth to our beautiful daughter Ava Marie on September 22, 2011 our next little one, Clara Rose came 16 months later on February 11, 2013. This blog began with our preparation with our wedding and has entered into recording the days and events of our newlywed life and new motherhood.

The Happy Couple...

Daisypath - Personal pictureDaisypath Anniversary tickers

Ava Marie

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Third Birthday tickers

Clara Rose

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Second Birthday tickers

Gabriel's ticker

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Angel and Memorial tickers

Twins ticker

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Pregnancy tickers

Monday, March 28, 2011

Meaningful Meanderings through my mind in the middle of a Monday...

So March is the Month we remember my dear friend, Dr. Seuss... probably the reason for the title.  I've perhaps read a few too many of his meanderings this month to the children (and have a pile left to go).  Imagine if they had blogs in the time of the good Dr.?  What would we be reading each day?  I've often thought and thought about Dr. Seuss and what a smart as a whip author he is... and making it SO much fun while he does it.  He really was quite a philosopher when you think of it and desperately tried to point out some very important truths to those who he still had hope in... our children AND those lovely older people who would read his stories to them.  Sneaky guy.... !!!

I mean... just think about it! 


Horton hears a Who is most obviously "Pro-Life" ..."a person's a person no matter how small" and all about how this one animal who just happens to "hear" a little better than the rest, reminds all around him to defend the defenseless... and how every voice counts... very profound if you ask me..


Green Eggs & Ham is all about how things aren't always as bad as we THINK they're going to be and not judging new things until you've actually experienced them... That's the only way you can actually speak about something with any sort of authority

The Cat & the Hat well, if that didn't scare your little knickers about talking to strangers and letting people in the house when you shouldn't (at a time when kids often WERE left home alone more often).  The things kids do when they're bored sure to seem like a good idea in the beginning... and then "whammmo!" disaster strikes!  Boy!  And you thought the fish was ...well, just a cold fish.  Seems he was the wisest of all! ...at least the Cat cleaned up his mess.  That seemed the only lucky part.

The Lorax  ...now there's a profound one!  All about taking care of our precious resources and what happens through greed ...oh and the hope found at the end... and the responsibility that comes with it.

The Sneetches BOY... that one's profound.  The lessons about predjudice, and bullying, and envy and hate and self-worth ...oy!  A friend of mine uses this book when teaching her 8th grade class about the Holocaust. 

Oh, I could go on and on... Dr. Seuss, Dr. Seuss... thank you for your wisdom.  May we be like Horton and have ears to hear it!

...So, I didn't actually plan on writing at ALL about Dr. Seuss today, but that's the problem with a busy brain... you just jump inside and don't know WHERE it will take you.  "Oh the Places You'll go" (that's another good one).

I've been thinking all sorts of things this weekend and havent' been on the computer to write, but just wanted to spill a few of my thoughts here. 

First of all, I found myself grateful for a dear old friend named "Alice the Great" who I was privleged to know before she passed away this week.  Who "adopted" me as another daughter and prayed for me until she died her peaceful holy death after battling bone cancer.  Who had made me laugh and cry so many times and prayed I'd find someone like her dear husband, Armand... who she loved like crazy until the end.  I did find someone... and when she saw pictures of my wedding and heard I was expecting, her daughter told me she exclaimed "FINALLY!  Someone who did it RIGHT!"  I'm glad she was able to see the fruit of her prayers.  I am grateful to have known her and learned from her how to "live" life to the full... even when you're dying.

I was grateful this past Thursday for ...of all things... little flowers.  Tiny little flowers picked by little hands (you know the kind.  The ones with the petals barely hanging on the the scrap of stem left because it was plucked too close to the top?) and ran up the school stairs to me at the end of a long day and accompanied by a great big hug from a sick little boy that I'd missed after a long week.  A little boy that I realized at that moment will all too soon be grown big (too big for flowers for his teacher)... but who reminds me of how fast my own little one will grow... and to appreciate each moment!

I found myself grateful on Friday when I was at a retreat for a beautiful story that reminded me that I have been given the gift as a teacher to either help children learn how to "fly"... or make them feel like they should never try.  I've loved teaching... I LOVE children.

I found myself grateful for my husband this weekend as he got ready very early in the morning on a Saturday to go to a men's conference in Worcester.  That I'm married to a man who's not afraid to shed tears in public because he's moved by the sound of over 1000 men singing the entrance hymn to a Mass or who is moved by the sight of the crucifix after communion... or who's not ashamed to laugh hard out loud when something's really funny... even if it's him.  And who came home SO happy and proud to be Catholic! 

I found myself grateful for my voice and my ability to sing to God's glory.  I love to sing for Jesus and when I was singing this weekend, I remembered as I so often do, how surprised I am when I open my mouth and that sound comes out!  I never know quite what to expect.  It's like I caught this wild thing inside of me and when I sing, it comes out.  I love looking at my husband's face when I sing... he makes me love myself.

I found myself thinking about everyone I know who's suffering and how lately ...I know it might sound silly, but ...I've felt almost guilty that things are going so well in my life.  Sure, I could look around and find things to complain about... anyone can.  Honestly, though, I feel SO incredibly blessed.  I found consolation this weekend though and a way to "not apologize" for the gifts I've recieved... especially because I know I dont' really deserve them.

It's like this... I looked out the window and thought about the Seasons.  When it's Winter, it doesn't seem so bad in the beginning, but after a while we all want it to be over.  When Spring comes, it doesn't apologize like it's taking Winter's turn or something away from Winter's "Season"... it's just it's time to come.  We appreciate it even more when it seems to come late. 

Well, Shaun & I have had our fair share of "Winter" season's in our lives.  I'm sure we'll have our share of "winter-times" to come... but right now it's our "Spring".. and soon it will be "Summer" and instead of feeling sorry that it's our "Spring-time" I'd like to enjoy it... and share it... with everyone I can!  Even though it's cold outside... it feels like "Spring" to me!!!

1 comment:

  1. So glad to see someone else has an appreciation for the good Dr ;) I'll be bringing you an early shower gift so you can get the little one ready for the world of Seuss!!

    Good luck and enjoy every minute of the life you have with that amazing hubby and future love of your life :)

    ReplyDelete

Go ahead and say hello! I love comments!