...with this 1st loan we hope to:
- Put a new roof on
- Replace all the rotted gutters/fachia
- Put all new construction windows in (including on the front porch/3 season room)
- Vinyl side the whole exterior (so Shaun never has to worry about painting in his "spare" time)
- Create a walk in entrance to the basement (so a deck can eventually be built above it all the way across the back of the house)
When our house sells we can use some of the money from that to keep working on the inside, maybe have to move in with my Mum for a little while (she only lives 3 streets away) and take out another loan to finish the work.
In the end our mortgage will pretty much equal the one we have now, but we will have a house almost twice the size, with room to grow, brand new after renovation retaining it's old house character and charm on 5 times the property size that we have now ...in a better/safer neighborhood. We just need to be patient as we're getting there.
2. I went to my midwife appt yesterday and have actually been feeling very well with this pregnancy (other than taking quite a while to heal from this silly sprain) ...just a bit more tired lately. I chalk it up to hitting my 3rd trimester. (I can't believe I have only 50 days left!) Yet, as we were chatting, she mentioned she wanted to run a protein test for my urine again. I looked at her and said, "Why, was my bloodpressure high?". She calmly responded "A little high". For those who know my midwife, you know she's not an alarmist... but IS always "on top of things". Today I'll find out if everything checks out with my labs. I hope they do as I don't want to be showing signs of developing preeclampsia again. The end of Ava's pregnancy was a bit hairy with a 10 day hospital stay. Hopefully nothing's wrong.
(these are actually from almost 2 weeks ago. I meant to post them on the What I wore on Sunday feed, but am just not that organized. I'm busting out even MORE now!)
3. I think I've decided on which photo(s) to use for this year's family "Christmas Card". I always overthink these "little" things. Are you like that? I just feel like it's the only time of year that I deliberately touch base with friends and family members that I haven't seen in a while and want to put a lot of thought into it. I get so overstimulated trying to choose, though! Thank you all for your input. When I'm finished, I'll try to post here if I can figure out how!
These are the ones I choose between to use (cause they match)... I "think"...
This would be the family one
...and if it's a "multiple photo card" I'd crop and edit one of these of the little "Miss" as these ones have not been touched up at all... not that she really needs it.
(which one do you like?)
And maybe this one...
Or this one...
And I'd love to get this one in. This is a beautiful one of Shaun & his "girls" from Thanksgiving.
Ugh... *exasperated with head in hands* I don't know. I guess I'm not as close as I thought.
4. Even with my Christmas Card dilemma, I feel like this Advent has been far less "harried". I've been chipping away at little things every day (gifts, wrapping, decorating, etc...) and it's been rather enjoyable so far. Hopefully yours is not too stressful!
I do love that we as Catholics get to celebrate the whole "Advent Season" of anticipation... and then get to still celebrate the "Christmas Season" when most others think "its all over" and are taking down their trees. This year we're working on new family traditions. Hopefully all will work out and we can build upon them each year!
5. I found this page on PINTREST and it has a bunch of cute ideas for things to do with kids for Christmas. Check it out! I can't wait to do the salt handprint mittens with Ava!
...and these name tags. HOW CUTE? ...and EASY! If I had a bunch of people over, I'd definitely make them!
6. I found THIS super cute sleeper for Ava for the Christmas season after looking for something for to wake up on Christmas morning to. Found it for 1/2 the price on sale and she looks adorable padding around in it. ...and the picture doesn't show it, but it actually has little reindeer on the feet.
...and I found THIS one for her older sister after Shaun asked me to go searching for a footie pair for his 14 year old "baby"!
Over chest area...
How cute will they look together when she comes to visit???
7. Please continue to pray for little Dominic and his family. This is such a difficult time for them right now. So many of us are happily enjoying the preparation of the holidays and they are stuck in "wait" mode... just waiting for their little boy to slowly improve. If you feel inspired to send them something for Christmas and 'adopt" them... please check out their blog page here for the address at the hospital to send something encouraging to.