Family Photo

Family Photo

About Us

My photo
We met over 8 years ago at church as Shaun was walking in and I was walking out. The few words exchanged sparked an interst that kept Shaun coming back. When we FINALLY began dating 4 years later we soon knew there was something special here. Our first year quickly flew by and we both decided we never wanted to spend another year with anyone else or without each other. We married in the place where it all began on January 1, 2011 (1/1/11) and gave birth to our beautiful daughter Ava Marie on September 22, 2011 our next little one, Clara Rose came 16 months later on February 11, 2013. This blog began with our preparation with our wedding and has entered into recording the days and events of our newlywed life and new motherhood.

The Happy Couple...

Daisypath - Personal pictureDaisypath Anniversary tickers

Ava Marie

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Third Birthday tickers

Clara Rose

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Second Birthday tickers

Gabriel's ticker

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Angel and Memorial tickers

Twins ticker

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Pregnancy tickers

Thursday, December 6, 2012

Can you say "Score"?

Look what I scored at the local children's consignment store for some of Miss Ava's Christmas gifts!  I had won 2 gift cards at that church fundraiser we went to recently, so for a little over $20 of my own moolah, I was able to get:





This TOY (Uh... I thought I was seeing things on the price)



 
a pair of brown Stride Rite shoes
 
This Velveteen COAT

This OUTFIT
 
(bought it mainly to get the red onsie to go under her Christmas dress shown below.  How cute will she be with black tights and shiny black dressy shoes?)
 

 
Can you say "Scooore!" 
 
I love that I was able to 1) support a local business, 2) buy gently reused items that are in excellent condition and 3) save a heckload of money. 
 
I really almost NEVER buy toys for Ava (everyone else... especially Nana... does and she's more than "set", but I thought she'd have fun with all of these ...and so would we)
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 

 
 
 
 

2 comments:

  1. I love thrift stores/ consignment stores! I always buy used for Annamarie, or with coupons etc new. But I got Annamarie a American Girl Bitty Baby for Christmas used, those things are $50 new!

    Those two outfits and that coat are adorable!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oooh! She's going to LOVE her baby! Ava got a Cabbage patch baby for her birthday from Mommy & Daddy and still carries it around everywhere and kisses her and puts her to sleep when she goes down for her nap/the night. Her name is "Baby Sasha" and she's been great preparation for the new baby coming. She feeds her at lunch time, etc... just loves her.

      I just can't pay full price at a department store... can't do it!

      Delete

Go ahead and say hello! I love comments!