Family Photo

Family Photo

About Us

My photo
We met over 8 years ago at church as Shaun was walking in and I was walking out. The few words exchanged sparked an interst that kept Shaun coming back. When we FINALLY began dating 4 years later we soon knew there was something special here. Our first year quickly flew by and we both decided we never wanted to spend another year with anyone else or without each other. We married in the place where it all began on January 1, 2011 (1/1/11) and gave birth to our beautiful daughter Ava Marie on September 22, 2011 our next little one, Clara Rose came 16 months later on February 11, 2013. This blog began with our preparation with our wedding and has entered into recording the days and events of our newlywed life and new motherhood.

The Happy Couple...

Daisypath - Personal pictureDaisypath Anniversary tickers

Ava Marie

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Third Birthday tickers

Clara Rose

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Second Birthday tickers

Gabriel's ticker

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Angel and Memorial tickers

Twins ticker

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Pregnancy tickers

Friday, February 8, 2013

7 Quick Takes Friday


1. It's been a stressful week with getting everything taken care of at the new/old house and trying to get ready for the storm.  We had to go by yesterday and cover all the ground and dumpster before the snow fell.






We feel we've done all we can to prepare and try to correct all the "problems" that have arisen this week.  Now I've set them all aside, given them back to God and refocused on my family & babies.

2.  This morning before the weather got too bad I headed to the hospital for another "non-stress test" and was happy to finally hear her heartbeat and finally feel her move a little bit while the machines were strapped on.  All seems well so far.

INCREDIBLY unflattering preggo pics, but we're keeping it real!

3.  Hopefully she'll ride out the storm and come AFTERwards!

4.  This storm is definitely bringing babies for SOME people, though!  My good friend, Erin welcomed her first earlier today!  I told her that she'll have a great story to tell.  Look at this beautiful face! 

Please offer a little prayer for momma & baby that everyone is "perfect" and ready to go home right after Nemo passes!

5.  On Wednesday, Colleen and I went out for pedicures to help relieve the stress and get at least ONE part of me looking pretty for delivery!  It was very nice to have some time with her.  Even though we live close, we both are so busy that we don't always get a chance to do things like this!



I was excited when she invited me because I had a gift certificate for a pedicure... but then when we were leaving, I realized I didn't have any cash for a TIP, so I paid in quarters... lots of quarters... poor Colleen was so embarrassed that she was laughing "I don't know her!" from the seat next to me!  Sorry Colleen!  Love me anyway?

6 & 7... I don't have time for a 6 and 7 right now because my husband just delivered me a banana split and said, "Get off the computer and come watch a movie".  Sorry friends.  Gotta go.  Ice cream and the hubby are calling!  Stay safe and warm in the storm!


5 comments:

  1. Did someone say Banana Split?! I'm so there! (I wish)
    I'm so glad that you and Colleen were able to get together and get pedi's. It makes me feel a little less sad that I'm not closer. Or maybe it makes me feel more sad that I'm not closer to TWO very amazing women :)
    Speaking of how amazing you are, I have been overdue before and a)I did not look near as pretty as you still do 2) I was nowhere near calm 3) I was not patient.
    For the sake of the storm, let's hope and pray baby keeps on waiting. For your sake, I'd hope differently, but it's probably best Little Miss waits.

    Keeping on praying!

    ps...As excited as I am to see photos and 'meet' your cutie, I'm really eager to find out her name!! ;) Can't wait!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sarah... Ice cream sundaes make everything better, don't they?

      I wish you were closer too! We'd love to take you for a pedi WITH us!

      As for your "overdue abc's... a) I find that hard to believe b) I don't have a choice and c) (repeat b)

      I'm just not eager to experience labor again! Especially not in this storm. I'm rather enjoying my "family time" and hanging out with the hubby and Ava after a stressful week!

      Her name? Ok, I'll spill it to you... or should I? Ok... just for you. Clara Rose Fullen will be her name. Rose is my middle name and my godmother's name. She never had children, so we thought it would be a beautiful way to honor her and Our Lady at the same time and we both have a devotion to St. Francis (and St. Clare was his first follower). Clare/Clara means "light" and we love that. Hope that helps with the wait. Now you can pray for her by name! xoxo

      Delete
    2. Just catching this now Marijanna.

      Be.still.my.heart. My heart lept when I read her name. Bea.u.ti.ful. I will definitely be praying for her by name.

      I have a soft spot for Rose (Gianna's middle name) due to the roses St. Therese sent me along the way with Gianna. Clara is so very precious too. {love}

      Many hugs from MN!!

      Delete
  2. Oh you're so close Marijanna! She'll be here before you know it!! Your toes are so pretty

    P.S. I just realized that i always spell your name wrong and put an extra 'u' in there. Sorry!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Getting there! She just has to wait a "little" longer! I needed pretty toes to look at during labor, ha!

      Don't worry about the spelling... it's been butchered my whole life! xo

      Delete

Go ahead and say hello! I love comments!