Family Photo

Family Photo

About Us

My photo
We met over 8 years ago at church as Shaun was walking in and I was walking out. The few words exchanged sparked an interst that kept Shaun coming back. When we FINALLY began dating 4 years later we soon knew there was something special here. Our first year quickly flew by and we both decided we never wanted to spend another year with anyone else or without each other. We married in the place where it all began on January 1, 2011 (1/1/11) and gave birth to our beautiful daughter Ava Marie on September 22, 2011 our next little one, Clara Rose came 16 months later on February 11, 2013. This blog began with our preparation with our wedding and has entered into recording the days and events of our newlywed life and new motherhood.

The Happy Couple...

Daisypath - Personal pictureDaisypath Anniversary tickers

Ava Marie

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Third Birthday tickers

Clara Rose

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Second Birthday tickers

Gabriel's ticker

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Angel and Memorial tickers

Twins ticker

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Pregnancy tickers

Saturday, February 9, 2013

What I woke up to this morning! *UPdated*

So... I've always loved the snow.  As I've gotten older I haven't always loved the shoveling, driving, danger, inconvenience, Ccccccold part of it, but I HAVE always loved how beautiful it is and watching it fall.  I've become lazy in my pregnancy and never don't always take Miss Ava out in it when we only get a little, but today it looks like the child who never goes out to play in the snow woke up dropping some serious hints.
 
She grabbed the nearest hat...

 
Ditched my flip flops for her new snow Boots...
 

 
And walked around all morning in her footie sleeper (and fancy sweater) trying to tell me, "Mommy... these go on my feet!...
 
 
...Time to go out and play???"
 
 
I told her "after nap time".  I mean... look at that face!  Could YOU say no?
 
We have a tradition of making "Linguica and Eggs" for breakfast on snowdays.  It was an "established tradition" even before we were married and we've kept it since.  Shaun made linguica & cheese omelets for breakfast with some sweetbread toast (can you say "Portuguese"?)

and I've decided to chill out on the couch today and NOT try to do anything that would put me into labor!

Baby girl is having a party today in my belly!  NO concerns about her moving enough today.  I think she liked the linguica and am hoping that she's just readjusting in her little apartment and has no plans of making an appearance until the storm has passed.  She can dance all she wants till then.

Took a few photos of our windows and doors (couldn't open the front door to take a pic down the street) that are plastered with snow...
 Front door
 


 Back door
 
 Street scene from the window
 
Window overlooking the backyard

 Shot of neighbor's
 
...and our wintery back yard!  (Tops of both of those trees broke, but that's it so far)  Actually doesn't look like much, but I think we got somewhere around 18"-2ft so far.
 
We said a prayer to St. Scholastica and our Ave Maris Stella last night and entrusted our care to Our Lady last night.  I honestly never worry because I know our home is enthroned and part of the promises of home enthronement are for protection from storms.  We are always well taken care of.  Didn't even lose power, thanks be to God.  Thank you everyone for the prayers for our safety here!

*UPDATE* 
Here's a video from the front porch of Shaun snowblowing (thank goodness it started right up).  Took me a moment to realize he was actually clearing out the neighbors 1st!  What a good hubby/neighbor!

 
 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Go ahead and say hello! I love comments!