Family Photo

Family Photo

About Us

My photo
We met over 8 years ago at church as Shaun was walking in and I was walking out. The few words exchanged sparked an interst that kept Shaun coming back. When we FINALLY began dating 4 years later we soon knew there was something special here. Our first year quickly flew by and we both decided we never wanted to spend another year with anyone else or without each other. We married in the place where it all began on January 1, 2011 (1/1/11) and gave birth to our beautiful daughter Ava Marie on September 22, 2011 our next little one, Clara Rose came 16 months later on February 11, 2013. This blog began with our preparation with our wedding and has entered into recording the days and events of our newlywed life and new motherhood.

The Happy Couple...

Daisypath - Personal pictureDaisypath Anniversary tickers

Ava Marie

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Third Birthday tickers

Clara Rose

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Second Birthday tickers

Gabriel's ticker

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Angel and Memorial tickers

Twins ticker

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Pregnancy tickers

Wednesday, August 24, 2011

34 Weeks along and only 6 weeks to go!!!

34 Weeks along ...and only 6 weeks to go!!!

Lately, I find myself now very "in tune" to the little girl inside of me.  (She's got the hiccups as I type.  Gets them a number of times throughout the day).  She really has my heart and I think of how it is said of Our Lady that she concieved Our Lord in her "heart" before she did so in her "body".  I can really see that now.  I have certainly grown to love her and am getting excited to see her face.  With all this excitement comes moments of anxiety and fear as I'm well aware of the responsibility that comes from being a parent and the helplessness that comes with raising a person endowed with "free will".  Still, I have to trust that if God is giving her to us... he trusts us.  Whoa... what a thought... he trusts us with another human soul.  Much to ponder there, hmmm?

As we get ready for her coming, we're aware that there will be many changes to our schedules and are trying to enjoy the company of some good friends up until then (and of course beyond, but it may be more challenging).

This weekend was lovely and busy.  Saturday took on a mind of it's own and we dubbed it "Priest day" as we ended up after morning Mass having a marvelous impromptu breakfast with our pastor, Fr. Conrad...

and later a visit from our good friend Joe Amaral.  Joe has always been a wonderful friend to us and we love his visits!

...later in the evening, Joe came back for an impromptu dinner with his lovely wife Anne Marie...

...and the doorbell rang with visits from Fr. Jeff Obniski (humoring us in Joe's hat)...

...and Fr. Hugo (the hat made the rounds)...

both are priests from the Institute of the Incarnate word, which I was incidentally first exposed to in my trip to Honduras years ago. 

What a great day with great company and lively discussion long into the night.  These are two of my favorite things!  We loved our day with them and did not want it to end!

On Sunday after Mass we visited with Shaun's Auntie Louise and Uncle Dave.  The cutest couple!  ...we joke that they are "us" when we get older!  Auntie Louise is the "talker" and Uncle Dave is the "Quiet Laid back type".  They work together, though and after all these years you can still see how much they enjoy each other's company.

Later on in the evening, my brother, Michael even stopped by to visit.  It was SO good to see him!  The uncle to be!!!  He's going to be a GREAT Uncle!

Don't you just love good company???

3 comments:

  1. Marijanna,

    Very exciting that Ava Marie is coming soon! I started a new devotion recently (the 7 Seven Sorrows of the Blessed Mother) and one of my intentions in both this new devotion and my daily rosary is for a happy and healthy pregnancy for Mama and Child and a happy, holy, and safe delivery! I will keep praying! I am confident that you will be a wonderful Mama to your precious little girl! You are blessed!

    Love your friends,
    Maria & Ed N. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fr. Jeff is my brother! So happy to have found your blog post. God bless you, Therese Obniski Garcia

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh really!? He's spoken about you before! So glad you found me! We've gotten much busier since this post, lol. Now Ava Marie is 4 and her sister Clara is 2.5 and twin brother and sister, Joseph and Gabriella will be one tomorrow!

      Delete

Go ahead and say hello! I love comments!