Family Photo

Family Photo

About Us

My photo
We met over 8 years ago at church as Shaun was walking in and I was walking out. The few words exchanged sparked an interst that kept Shaun coming back. When we FINALLY began dating 4 years later we soon knew there was something special here. Our first year quickly flew by and we both decided we never wanted to spend another year with anyone else or without each other. We married in the place where it all began on January 1, 2011 (1/1/11) and gave birth to our beautiful daughter Ava Marie on September 22, 2011 our next little one, Clara Rose came 16 months later on February 11, 2013. This blog began with our preparation with our wedding and has entered into recording the days and events of our newlywed life and new motherhood.

The Happy Couple...

Daisypath - Personal pictureDaisypath Anniversary tickers

Ava Marie

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Third Birthday tickers

Clara Rose

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Second Birthday tickers

Gabriel's ticker

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Angel and Memorial tickers

Twins ticker

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Pregnancy tickers

Tuesday, August 9, 2011

Cheyanne


Cheyanne is Shaun's 13 year old daughter and truly his pride and joy.  He loves her SO much and I (who grew up without a Father) have learned a great deal about the unconditional and special love of a Father, just through witnessing his love for her.  I am certain it is truly "without end".  There is nothing she can do that will ever make her lose it and when she responds to his love in return it gives him the greatest joy ever.  I can see him wanting to shower her with every good thing and protect her in all ways because she is "his daughter".  This experience has given me a greater trust in God's "unconditional" love for me as His daughter, something that in the past I had a much harder time grasping and felt more of a "need to earn" and "fear of losing" when I did something wrong.  While in conversation, I said to a friend of mine recently (who's known me for years) "I feel like I've grown, so that my faith is motivated less by a fear of disappointing Him (God) and more towards a trust in his love for me.  It makes me grateful to know we are so well taken care of just because He loves us". 

I'm certain I would not have learned this without Shaun and Cheyanne being brought into my life.  The interesting thing is that I probably "dismissed" Shaun for years partly due to the fact that he DID have a daughter and held the attitude "I've done everything right, I expect someone perfect!" (not TOO arrogant, huh?) ...and all that time God was saying, "I do have someone perfect... for YOU!"  I needed Shaun, and Cheyanne and am so grateful that I've been allowed to enter into this family and be a witness of their special bond and love for each other.  I am thankful.  And I hope I can offer something that will be of use to them as well.  God certainly knows best.

This weekend, Cheyanne came to visit for the Feast and it was terrific to have her (as always).  When everyone had left we all hung out together and made "plans" for all the things we'd do on Sunday...

...then it rained.

...a LOT.

SO... we changed our plans!  I love the rain and it was a perfect day for Shaun & Cheyanne to start a project he's been wanting to do for a long time.  He's mentioned it to me over and over.  See, he's kept this box (or boxes) of stuff since Cheyanne was a baby.  Everything from letters and cards written to her by his grandmother (whose home we live in) that were never opened because Cheyanne was too little, so he saved them ...to cards, movie ticket stubs, coloring pictures, photographs and more.  Years of memories between a Father and his Daughter.  A very special thing ...especially to me who is so touched by this, not having experienced the same myself.  It was so beautiful to me to see them working for hours on this special project.  I felt it almost a sacred thing. 









So... for those of you who think that saving all that "clutter" from your kids is not really that important... maybe it might be time to re-think that?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Go ahead and say hello! I love comments!