Family Photo

Family Photo

About Us

My photo
We met over 8 years ago at church as Shaun was walking in and I was walking out. The few words exchanged sparked an interst that kept Shaun coming back. When we FINALLY began dating 4 years later we soon knew there was something special here. Our first year quickly flew by and we both decided we never wanted to spend another year with anyone else or without each other. We married in the place where it all began on January 1, 2011 (1/1/11) and gave birth to our beautiful daughter Ava Marie on September 22, 2011 our next little one, Clara Rose came 16 months later on February 11, 2013. This blog began with our preparation with our wedding and has entered into recording the days and events of our newlywed life and new motherhood.

The Happy Couple...

Daisypath - Personal pictureDaisypath Anniversary tickers

Ava Marie

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Third Birthday tickers

Clara Rose

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Second Birthday tickers

Gabriel's ticker

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Angel and Memorial tickers

Twins ticker

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Pregnancy tickers

Thursday, August 18, 2011

Baby Ava... update!

(FYI: this is NOT Ava)

Yesterday I went for yet another ultrasound to check baby Ava's fluid levels because she'd stopped moving as much.  She was never a really BIG mover (as in moving a lot throughout the day like some babies) and if you remember, she started moving late at 27 1/2 weeks (leaving everything till the last minute... much like her mother) but typically after she started moving, she did have set times of the day that I could pretty much count on her making her presence known (as if the basketball hanging on the front of me wasn't enough of a reminder).  Lately, though her movements had definitely slowed down and though I've been drinking more water than EVER before in my life... I worried.  My midwife is fantastic and she set up an ultrasound appointment to check her fluid levels and put my (and her) mind at ease.

The results are that she's totally fine of course.  Her fluid levels are great.  And what I've learned about my daughter at this point is that I suspect she's got my husband's temperment (yipeeeeee!!!!).  She's very laid back. 

The ultrasound tech poked and prodded & did everything to get her to move and just like every other ultrasound appointment, she slept through the whole thing.  Every time I go in for an appointment... she's sleeping.  Please GOD give me a good sleeper.  So, she sleeps a lot.  (Her mom also loves to sleep)

She's not easily disturbed.  (Like her Dad.) She gets the hiccups regularly because she drinks too fast.  She likes to use her mouth a lot (like her mum?). 
She has big feet (3" already.  I guess they aren't usually that big till about 38 weeks or so.  Big feet... like her mum?) 

She has lots of hair. 

She has long legs.  She's going to probably be tall.  And she's already a big baby (79th percentile already!)  ...did I mention I'm going all natural & I was over 13lbs when I was born???  Not concerned, though.  Nope... not a bit! *pray for me?*


Do any of these things surprise me?  Nope.  Not at all.  It's amazing what our children inherit from us isn't it?

My little Ava Marie... I'm getting so excited about you!  Can't wait to meet you soon!  Only 6 1/2 weeks left (technically)!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Go ahead and say hello! I love comments!