- Marijanna and Shaun
- We met over 8 years ago at church as Shaun was walking in and I was walking out. The few words exchanged sparked an interst that kept Shaun coming back. When we FINALLY began dating 4 years later we soon knew there was something special here. Our first year quickly flew by and we both decided we never wanted to spend another year with anyone else or without each other. We married in the place where it all began on January 1, 2011 (1/1/11) and gave birth to our beautiful daughter Ava Marie on September 22, 2011 our next little one, Clara Rose came 16 months later on February 11, 2013. This blog began with our preparation with our wedding and has entered into recording the days and events of our newlywed life and new motherhood.
Friday, February 24, 2012
7 Quick takes Friday
1. Lent has begun & I've finally had a great reason to get back to going to daily Mass with Miss Ava... that being that our parish, (Our Lady of Perpetual Help in New Bedford) switched it's Mass time during Lent to 5:30pm!!! This is SO much easier for me to make as:
#1. I'm not a morning person
#2. The usual Mass time falls anywhere between Ava's feeding and/or naptime (and she's now become too nosey to nap well in public)
#3. ...repeat #1
The other great thing is that there are confessions before every daily Mass (except Fridays when there are Stations of the Cross beforehand and confessions offered afterwards). I'm LOVING it!
2. I'm having this great desire lately to learn how to SEW!!!
I tend to be crafty and creative in other ways, but SO want to learn how to SEW! I keep getting all these ideas and thinking, "Darn! (no pun intended) I wish I had a sewing machine... but I don't"
3. Spring is in the air. When springtime nears, I get this great desire to start GROWING things! So today I went into CVS to get Ibuprofen and came out with these:
Anyway, I have all these beautiful Amarylis bulbs downstairs in the basement which I bought and planted for our Wedding (If you recall they came up to early).
I thought they I'd plant a few in each container and bring them back to life. I know this is typically done around Christmas, but this year has been so confusing season/weather wise... they probably won't know the difference.
4. I put some finishing touches on Ava's nursery. I have had these cute little green frames and hadn't had a use for them, so I put a bunch of pictures to tell her birth story and placed them up in the nursery with Command hooks (the little clear ones. ...I told you I'm SO into these things!) and they look great hanging from the trees over her crib.
5. I FINALLY found a teether that works for Ava. She has HATED every single one I've offered to her during this whole teething process. Until NOW! I found these at Marshalls of all places: Nuby Softees teethers...
6. THIS is one of my favorite things in my house. It's a beautiful Holy water font that's hung right outside our bedroom door. Our friends Pam & John Martin gave it to us for our Wedding. I love that it's right there and so easy to dip into for a quick blessing and reminder. I love watching Shaun bless little Ava.
7. ...I've started working out again. Ok... so I worked out ONCE technically. I hope this holds me accountable. I SOooo need to. I have this big fear that I'll get pregnant again (that's actually NOT the fear part) before I lose the weight from this past pregnancy (THAT's the fear part). So, I've turned my living room into a workout area. Before I actually started, I watched the workout videos I had purchased over a period of 3 days to see which one most motivated me.... that's right, I said video(s)... plural. "You just watched them you say? Don't you mean to say, you worked out to them?" Nope. Just watched them... I think one of them I watched while I was snacking on Jax.
I'm SO uncoordinated I thought I might injure myself if I just jumped in. I actually did sprain my ankle once doing Tae Bo! So, I decided to skip the Tae Bo. Sorry Billy. I also decided to skip the "Post-Pregnacy Boot camp". The lady was just too sweet and I thought when she said, "If you need to take a break, just take a short break" ...I would. So for now I'm going with Jillian Michaels' "Ripped in 30".
I'm hoping she can guilt trip me just enough to workout 3-4 times a week. The tough part is that I'm not really that swayed by peer pressure. I sort of have always "done my own thing" and if someone tells me to do something, I have a hard time doing it just because someone tells me to.
I'm not like my dear friend Colleen of Martin Family Moments who seems to really enjoy excersize and has written many posts in defense of it. (Her whole family is actually like this, so I think it's sort of a genetic thing) Or my friend Ellie from Me and my House who really likes to run and after 10 kids looks better than me after my first. I don't enjoy it. I hurt afterwards. I have stairs in my house and the shortage of estrogen due to breastfeeding really makes my joints hurt more. You know what I DO enjoy? I really enjoy... EATING! My tastebuds are in better shape than my legs. And it doesn't help that I have a husband who thinks I'm absolutely beautiful ALL the time and seems unable to notice stretch marks... or weight gain ...this is actually not a complaint at all, but doesn't exactly motivate one to excersize. *sigh*
But I want to be able to chase my children around without thinking, "Please Lord, When will they stop running???" so I'll give it a try. Say a prayer. Day one done, check!