Family Photo

Family Photo

About Us

My photo
We met over 8 years ago at church as Shaun was walking in and I was walking out. The few words exchanged sparked an interst that kept Shaun coming back. When we FINALLY began dating 4 years later we soon knew there was something special here. Our first year quickly flew by and we both decided we never wanted to spend another year with anyone else or without each other. We married in the place where it all began on January 1, 2011 (1/1/11) and gave birth to our beautiful daughter Ava Marie on September 22, 2011 our next little one, Clara Rose came 16 months later on February 11, 2013. This blog began with our preparation with our wedding and has entered into recording the days and events of our newlywed life and new motherhood.

The Happy Couple...

Daisypath - Personal pictureDaisypath Anniversary tickers

Ava Marie

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Third Birthday tickers

Clara Rose

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Second Birthday tickers

Gabriel's ticker

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Angel and Memorial tickers

Twins ticker

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Pregnancy tickers

Saturday, February 4, 2012

Cute way to say "Thank you"!

Many people have been very generous to our little Miss Ava Marie, so we try to be thankful and send everyone a little "thank you note".  This is a cute way we've been doing it as of late and we always write it as if it were sent from the little Miss herself.

You will need:

Some cute stationary (we used some with her initial on the front)

A Stamp pad (I got mine at Marshall's for $1.49... love Marshalls!!!)

Some wipes

And one of these!

Just take her little footsie and press it into the stamp pad (I do it when she's sitting in my lap facing outwards) and press onto the card.

Write out a cute note.  Sign your little one's name.  And voila!  A super cute way to say "thank you!"

You can also use this idea to make Valentine's cards from your new baby and enclose a photo of them at this age.  I used this idea to put a green footprint in some of her "Christmas cards" to those attending at our home.  I figure she's be so much bigger next Christmas. 

While I'm writing out thank you's I also write a note to Ava and mark the envelope with her age and place some recent photos inside




I will put the notes in her baby book, so that when she's older, she can read them and see how much her feet have grown and how much I loved her from the very beginning.  Enjoy!

4 comments:

  1. That is sooo cute!! Love it!
    Btw... Been working out at WOW, jogging, and doing Wii in the living room :) just trying to do more than during on the couch. How do your days look over vacation? We need to get together... Lol. Maybe Henry would even be nice enough to let me get out without the kiddos!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm thinking of joining WOW again. If they still have their "join for $5" offer, we can swing that plus the $10mo. I'd love to work out with you sometime. So proud of you! I've never been a jogger, runner or any such thing. My knees can't take it. I was however an avid rollerblader. As for vacation, certainly let me know. Usually anytime after 1pm works for us because Shaun's working nights. It would be great if you could get away "alone" for a bit, but if not, I'd love to see the girls and they can play with Miss Ava while we have coffee/tea! Kisses to the princesses.

      Delete
  2. Super cute! We still relish our handprints (and one footprint) that you made for our kids. We need to do one for Alexander so he doesn't feel left out :) I go to WOW on Mon, Wed, and Fri (usually) at 4 pm...so since Tues and Thurs nights don't work this week, maybe you can come in the afternoon Wed or Fri?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. OH! I remember those handprints!

      As for this week, Friday might work. Today I'm "unavailable" at that time. Bummer.

      Delete

Go ahead and say hello! I love comments!