Family Photo

Family Photo

About Us

My photo
We met over 8 years ago at church as Shaun was walking in and I was walking out. The few words exchanged sparked an interst that kept Shaun coming back. When we FINALLY began dating 4 years later we soon knew there was something special here. Our first year quickly flew by and we both decided we never wanted to spend another year with anyone else or without each other. We married in the place where it all began on January 1, 2011 (1/1/11) and gave birth to our beautiful daughter Ava Marie on September 22, 2011 our next little one, Clara Rose came 16 months later on February 11, 2013. This blog began with our preparation with our wedding and has entered into recording the days and events of our newlywed life and new motherhood.

The Happy Couple...

Daisypath - Personal pictureDaisypath Anniversary tickers

Ava Marie

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Third Birthday tickers

Clara Rose

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Second Birthday tickers

Gabriel's ticker

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Angel and Memorial tickers

Twins ticker

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Pregnancy tickers

Thursday, February 16, 2012

Valentine's week.

Soooo again the creative ideas come out for St. Valentine's day.  I love looking for ways to show Shaun how much we love him and are thankful for him.  We made cards and decorated the house with pictures and messages that he woke up surprised to.

St. Valentine's card(s) from baby
Idea #1:

You'll need:
Cardstock
Scissors
(you can also use the fancy shmancy kind with the neat edges to trim the paper)
A Stampad
Gluestick
Sm. Blocks of cardstock
Black pen or sharpie

Fold Cardstock in half to make a card

Stamp baby feet

Cut out feet and glue in form of a heart

Cut heart out of front cover so pink shows through (you can decorate like I did or not)


Write message on front (be sure to date the bottom or back of card)

Decorate inside.
From Ava it says:
From my head
To my toes
I Love you Daddy
more than you knows!

And hung it from the mirror in the bathroom, so he was sure to see it.

Idea #2
Cut folded card in half with fancy scissors
and cut heart in center
Add message
Date back
Glue footprint inside
write message around footprint and note age

Idea #3

Start like other, but instead of cutting a hole in the front, decorate the front with hearts and a message such as "I Love you".

more and more as time goes by...
(taped ours near the clock)

I left messages ALL over the house.  Hearts with messages from me and footprints from Ava with messages to Daddy.  I taped some to photos that corresponded to the message...

 "Daddy You hold me the BEST!"

 "Daddy I love the way you make me LAUGH!"
 (This was the photo card I made for Shaun)
 "I Like you and Naps! Naps together?  Even better!"
"I like you more than my fingers!"

and I also left some in appropriate places.
Up the stairs
In Shaun's boots "I love how hard you work"
"I love you more than CHOCOLATE"
On his lunchbox: "I Love that you appreciate everything I do for you (and you TELL me)"
"I love you more than shopping"

On the coffee maker: "I love when you bring me the perfect cup of coffee"

The house was literally FILLED with messages of "Love" and we'll put them in an envelope and label it, so that in years to come we can remember what we loved about each other in the "early days".

I'm thinking that I'd like this as a St. Valentine's tradition that we just add to the messages each year.

Well... that's it!  Inexpensive and heartfelt.  Try it and "spread the love" people! xo










No comments:

Post a Comment

Go ahead and say hello! I love comments!